Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Anansi's Slicer Pad with Scomplink

• 4 Replies

Anansi

• Ratiin de gar be'eso, ner vod.
Anansi's Slicer Pad with Scomplink
« on: Nov 21, 2016, 02:25 PM »
Su cuy'gar!

I'm still working on my carbine, but I have an intense need to engage multiple targets at once. That's why I am also working on a slicer pad. I don't have a lot of pictures but I promise to do better on that front.

I decided my pad should be able to use the same ports as droids and the best way to do that is with a scomplink. Let's say the droid this belonged to won't need it anymore.

It's actually the bolt and trigger mechanism from a Nerf Maverick. The link itself is just parts of the barrel rotating mechanism and a few leftover internals from the carbine project capped off with a rubber stopper. I know the policy on making weapons inert but I hope that doesn't cover extending arms. Now that the link is built, I'm going to focus on marrying it to this "datapad" I found at the thrift shop. Of course, the "screen" will be a lot different. Mostly different. I might keep a icon of a nerf or a pig. It's a WIP.

Stay tuned.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
Re: Anansi's Slicer Pad with Scomplink
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Just a thought, would a small "case" made of sintra, to disguise the base look, be something you might consider?

Not pushing you one way or another just trying to get those creative thoughts flowing  ;D

Armor and Soft Parts:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=188979.msg2114745#msg2114745

Helmet WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=138672.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Anansi

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2016, 03:04 PM »
Disguise which part? I still have to patch up with holes in the scomplink housing and I'm not sure about the other side of the pad. Unless I add something on that side with other port options! This brainstorming is good! Vor'e!

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2016, 03:30 PM »
Disguise which part? I still have to patch up with holes in the scomplink housing and I'm not sure about the other side of the pad. Unless I add something on that side with other port options! This brainstorming is good! Vor'e!

The sides and whatnot, this should help with my reference.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slicer/Legends

If you look up some scanners on le google, most have a raised case and the screen is lower.

Just a variant I have seen that looks similar to yours   :)

If you have an old HDMI cord or Ethernet cables they may work for "hook up options"
Perhaps a panel or two that can open and reveal circuitry for maintenance or to let the hook ups extend out?

Armor and Soft Parts:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=188979.msg2114745#msg2114745

Helmet WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=138672.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Anansi

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2017, 08:13 PM »
I know it's been a long time since I've worked on this, there's one minor update. I stumbled upon a small working tablet for $5 at the local thrift store and after a little research, it can be hacked to accept custom Flash apps.

It, uh, needs a new coat of paint but once it has that, a few more greebles will have it looking proper. Also, I've got to learn Flash but that's a whole different matter.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!