Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Build - Light Armour - Snow Themed - Scout? - Pictures Added

• 4 Replies
Hey Guys,

Been lurking and reading for quite some time and recently registered.

I am looking to soon start planning and constructing my Mando Armour and Helmet (If this goes wrong I may need to speak to Saz).

My Ideas so far are to go for the Light Armour option for my first build but I wanted to be a little different and go for a snow hunt/survival scheme.

For Helmet accessories I'd be looking at Range Finder on top of some flip round Binocs.

Standard light armour, a small knife or two in easily accessible locations, some survival rations etc.

If I could get some feedback and suggestions from people it would be greatly appreciated.

Also... Wampa-fur cloak? Too much?  ;D

Here are two concepts I came up with. The cross-chest belt is to hold a small dagger that I will eventually make to look like Wampa Tusk.

Tan Version

Grey Version

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2016, 06:09 PM by 8-BitBiker » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
Re: First Build - Light Armour - Snow Themed - Scout?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:05 AM »
Nothing wrong with that concept at all, we have a our fair share of Wampa hunters and arctic ops folks in the club.

So there is nothing wrong with the general concept of the snow mando/hunter of beasts and from what you have said you wanted to do nothing wrong with any of those ideas as well. And a Wampa fur cloak would be just fine, more than a few members use the fur of a Wampa to keep there backs covered :)

I would say at this point print yourself off a set of armor templates which can be found here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-templates/

After than take some pictures with the templates on your person so we can check the sizing and once that gets tuned in right. You will be ready to start building!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:52 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I am currently fly playing around with the colour schemes to get an idea of what I'm aiming for and will then start the armour templates and attempt a pepakura helmet.

I wondered if there were any suggestions colour wise as I don't want to be plain white and mistaken for a snow trooper  by convention-goers.

Will also be avoiding sniper rifles as I want more of a mobile scout than a long range shooter. I will also have a backpack/jetpack but not decided which.

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:42 AM »
Color wise, I would aim to stay in the whites, light grays and light blues range of colors.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2016, 11:54 AM »
Definitely staying light and near the whites but I didn't want to look like I was missing wings and a halo.

Thinking a slight off-white/tan flight suit, paintwork involving white, icy blue and a touch of black detailing for separation

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!