Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - Sabine Season 3 for SWC2017

• 58 Replies

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: WIP - Sabine Season 3 for SWC2017
« Reply #45 on: Apr 18, 2017, 11:17 PM »
Woohoo!  Congratulations! And it was such a joy to meet you guys!
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
WiP | Havelock's Adventures | Invasions - 6

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #46 on: Apr 19, 2017, 08:19 AM »
WAY TO GO on winning the costume contest!  The build was terrific and I'm so happy to see your daughter so happy- what amazing life experiences she had at SWC! 
My WIP - female armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=25453

My Ursa Wren build http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=128908.0

501st - Legacy Stormtrooper  
Rebel Legion & 501st - Jawa

EMTS #153
Brigade- Special Ops: Assassin

Sto-Las Amari

• "Never stop fighting for what you believe in"
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #47 on: Apr 20, 2017, 12:55 AM »
Vod congrats on winning at SWCO!! The build came out great :)
MMCC - 1114
BH - 10512
Ver'Alor 2016
---Wolves of Mandalore---

Custom WIP
Mando Kenobi Build Pictures

« Reply #48 on: Apr 20, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Congrats and awesome kit!
Tabris WIP Google Drive
Armor WIP
Soft Parts: 100%
Armor: 100%
Helmet: 100%
Coffee Consumed: I lost count

« Reply #49 on: Apr 21, 2017, 08:49 AM »
I haven't started my Boba Fett suit yet, but here is the question.   Can Natalie's Sabine kit approve her for any type of youth membership in the Club?  Not sure who to ask.
Sabine Season 3 build for my Merc baby-girl...
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=125869.0

Hik'aari Kelborn

• Formerly 'NipNip'
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #50 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:17 AM »
I haven't started my Boba Fett suit yet, but here is the question.   Can Natalie's Sabine kit approve her for any type of youth membership in the Club?  Not sure who to ask.

For her to be approved as an official member (known as a Trainee OM for under 18s) she would require a parent/legal guardian who is an Official Member first.
  |  Hik'aari WIP  |  Akii'su WIP  |  Cat #1319 |
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Naritir Ka'ra

• Formerly 'Nartir_Kara'
  • If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #51 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:28 AM »
It was SO awesome meeting both of you at SWCO!!! Kandosii, Natalie, for 1st place! Very well deserved!!!

And Hik'aari is correct, if you get OM, she can join the Verd'ika Corps, which is the youth auxiliary for MMCC.
MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

Hik'aari Kelborn

• Formerly 'NipNip'
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #52 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:32 AM »
And Hik'aari is correct, if you get OM, she can join the Verd'ika Corps, which is the youth auxiliary for MMCC.

She would be eligible to join the Verd'ika Corps now which is a sister entity to MMCC. Having a parent/legal guardian who is an OM of MMCC allows for under 18 to apply via the App team to become a "Trainee OM" of the MMCC and be included as part of a clan.
  |  Hik'aari WIP  |  Akii'su WIP  |  Cat #1319 |
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Jaing Garr

• Moose Minion #1
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #53 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:35 AM »
Basically what has already been said. She can join the Verd'ika Corps currently. It is a group for children but is not an actual part mmcc. Once you have an approved costume she can be approved as a trainee om which makes her an Om of the mmcc wih a om number and counted as part of the local clan.

Naritir Ka'ra

• Formerly 'Nartir_Kara'
  • If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #54 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Aaahh... thank you for the clarification, Hik'aari & Jaing. I had only known about the VC.
MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

Storyteller2899

• Nothing is fun when it's easy
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2017, 11:24 PM »
Stumbled upon a documentary about Women who love Star Wars and happened to see you guys in it. So I'm just going to leave this here. Figured you would want to see it.   :laugh:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-beautiful-new-documentary-highlights-the-women-who-lo-1795124454

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2017, 04:19 PM »
Great catch.  That was one of four interviews Natalie was asked to do.   She was a little overwhelmed by it all but humbled and blessed. 

This was fun too:   http://www.starwars.com/news/most-impressive-fans-meet-the-champions-of-star-wars-cosplay-from-celebration-orlando
Sabine Season 3 build for my Merc baby-girl...
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=125869.0

« Reply #57 on: Jun 01, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Are the pics not working for anyone else?

« Reply #58 on: Jun 01, 2017, 03:36 PM »
Pics work for me.

Over all... this is an AMAZING build! Its hard to build a mando...  harder to build a replica of a specific character and MUCH harder to get it RIGHT like y'all did. I sincerely hope this kit is able to grow with her (at least for awhile), or you find a NICE way to display it once she grows. That work doesn't deserve to be thrown in a box somewhere ;) As you can tell by winning that contest!

Cut vents into the back to mount the centrifugal fan.   Flex tubing will route air across the interior of the front visor.

Does this work well? Better than just a loose fan?
I have similar fans and fan placement on my WIP, and just assumed the breeze would flow around to the front of the helmet... I never even considered ducting!
I was a bit worried about drying out my eyes and noise by my ears, which is why I placed them in the back.... now I'm wondering about a duct with holes drilled along it and a 1/2 plug up front (so most air up front, but force some out along the way).

I'm slightly amazed at everything you are fitting in that helmet, and at their locations. Seems like most have to tuck those things into the neck area, or at least away from the ears, head crown, and jaw area. Maybe its just the angle of the pics though.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!