Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Can these boots be used?  (Read 96 times)

bolakor

• Deathwatch.. true mandalorians... Me and my Vode.
    • Awards
Can these boots be used?
« on: Jan 11, 2017, 10:31 PM »
So, i saw someone else ask this question, but it was over a different style of boot.
I was wondering if it is okay for me to use these Western styled boots, as i was going to have a set of gaiters and toe plates on my boots, and would like to keep a sleek and tall look that these give, as my only combat boots are more akin to those on a tank than a medical build

These are the boots in question, along with the most basic thing i had on hand for a toe plate. A spare square of carboard
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
    • Awards
Re: Can these boots be used?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2017, 10:42 PM »
Shouldn't be an issue.  No logos, laces or zippers, right? 

Toe plate and gaiters would cover any earthly western stitching that cowboy boots often have.  The stippled leather could easily pass for rancor hide.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die."

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=fanfics;sa=story;id=94

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21

bolakor

• Deathwatch.. true mandalorians... Me and my Vode.
    • Awards
Re: Can these boots be used?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2017, 12:28 AM »
Shouldn't be an issue.  No logos, laces or zippers, right? 

Toe plate and gaiters would cover any earthly western stitching that cowboy boots often have.  The stippled leather could easily pass for rancor hide.

Nope. All logos are internal patches, type DD boot, pointed toe and no lacing or zipping.

I never thought of it as being rancor hide, thanks. I'll definitely be working on some natural weathering for the gaiters to make them look less than store new.
Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!