Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft parts WIP

• 19 Replies

Kall

• Run and you'll just die tired.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
Soft parts WIP
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 07:53 PM »
I have started to get my soft parts together and this is what I have so far. all of it is going to get some weathering and tough love before I  to call them ready.

Girth belt WIP
Need to get new buckles due to the ones I had on it breaking. Also, I am going to dye it green.

Padawan Braid and lightsaber crystal

boots

Pouches. The smaller ones will be on my belt for sure and the bigger ones I only plan on using one or two,  but they only came in a pack of six.

Dosimeters that I want to use as code cylinders. They need some cleaning up before i will use them.

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017, 09:22 PM by Kall » Logged

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
Re: Soft parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2017, 10:45 PM »
If you ever decide to let go of some of those extra MP-40 pouches, let me know.   

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Kall

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2017, 02:12 PM »
I might be able to part with 1 or 2 vod...

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017, 07:05 PM by Kall » Logged

Kall

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2017, 07:06 PM »
***Update***
After a lot of attempts at alterations, I have decided to get a different flight suit for this build. I just couldn't get this one to fit right and it caused it to rip out in a few spots. Hopefully the new one should be in the mail this week.

So I finally got a flight suit that has a good fit.

Got my girth belt dyed. It turned out a little too close to mint green, so I will be dyeing it again with my vest.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2017, 10:25 AM »
Looking good vod! You may still want to take those legs in a little bit, but not much. And or course remove/sew shut any pockets or visible buttons and zips. Here's my flight suit before and after:

I took in the legs and arms, the body will be covered by the armor and cod and such. You want it decently fitted, but still allowing for a full range of movement (you should technically be able to fight hand to hand in it).

Kall

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2017, 03:16 PM »
thanks for the advice Vod. I am hoping to get my vest finished today and ready for dyeing. I want to eventually apply for the Beastmaster Brigade as a Beast Hunter. This is the color I'm looking to dye my vest. I am also looking for advice on weather a single layer of duck cloth will be sturdy enough for my plates. I will be doing  fiber resin over cardboard for all my plates.

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2017, 03:36 PM by Kall » Logged

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2017, 07:24 PM »
Nice colour! I love green, it’s pretty awesome (and will help keep the beasties from seeing you). I think a single layer of duck cloth should be good, as long as it’s about as sturdy as jacket leather you’ll be fine.

Kall

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2017, 10:39 PM »
I got my vest 95% done. Also got my flight suit fitted to me a lot better.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2017, 11:31 PM »
Nice! Looks great vod! Have you thought about double sleeves? I don't remember if they're required or not, but I'm going to put them on my flight suit, just gotta figure out how. Tomorrow is project night though, so I'll either do that or shape my plates.

Kall

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2017, 11:39 PM »
Double sleeves are not a requirement. I have thought about doing them, but decided against it. I eventually want to go for the Beastmaster Brigade, so my kit can't have to much extra in the way of greeblies and extras.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Double sleeves are not a requirement. I have thought about doing them, but decided against it. I eventually want to go for the Beastmaster Brigade, so my kit can't have to much extra in the way of greeblies and extras.

Ah.... awesome. You look pretty good on the vest/flight suit front. Have you thought about leg armor or spats/gaiters? I'm doing for a lighter armor build, so I picked up some nice WWII Swiss ones off eBay. Got a set of grey reproduction MP40 pouches as well.

Kall

« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2017, 11:44 PM »
I think my vest is ready to get a dye bath. For the closure I did a zipper under each arm and a flap to cover that velcros shut.
For the legs I was thinking maybe some leg wraps the color as the vest or another dark earth tone or green.

of coarse my wife had to get the picture when I was about to sneeze. LOL.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2017, 11:54 PM »
Wow! If I trusted my sewing I’d make my own, but I doubt it’d go that well...  :-\. But yours looks awesome! and perfectly fitted. Dye it up, let’s see how it looks!

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #13 on: Oct 04, 2017, 10:18 AM »
That's pretty much how I did my vest so I wholeheartedly approve!  :laugh:

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Kall

« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Sooo. I got my vest dyed and learned a lesson in types of thread. Apparently the thread we had was coated and didn't dye with the vest. So I new need to resew all the seams. It also shrank a little more than I thought it would, but it still fit well. I did make it so I could adjust the sizing if needed.  Also, I dyed my girth belt again and it did not turn out well. The color looks way better in the picture, but it is more grey than green and looks horrible. Not sure if I can salvage it or if should just start over and do a new one. Lastly, I got my gloves in. YAY. What was not yay was the fact that while they fit perfectly, one ripped from pulling it on and the seller is being a jerk about it. Luckily I have become better versed at the sewing machine and was able to fix it.

Kall

« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:56 PM »
Finally got the flak vest resewn. I think I need to take in a very small amount on the chest at the collar, but other than that I am very happy with it.

Kall

« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2017, 11:19 PM »
Thanks.

So, after several failed attempt to get the color I want from dying fabric/rope for my  girth belt, I will be doing a new one with 550/paracord that I picked up almost the exact color I have been trying for.

Kall

« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:35 PM »
Sooo.....I have been away for far too long. Progress has been slow on the kit so far due to the holidays and weather.  I have made some progress though.

New Girth Belt. I used parachute cord and real leather. Still needs to be weathered.

I made it so that the leather will cover the clasps

And I now introduce.......... DUDE. My duct tape mannequin.

Dude with my flak vest on.

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2017, 10:07 AM »
Nice looking belt there vod! And Dude looks like a good companion for some rainy day projects  ;).

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!