Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Araz's Gauntlets

• 8 Replies
Araz's Gauntlets
« on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Aloha all and welcome to my gauntlet WIP.  My idea for these is to be very minimalist.  Maybe add a communicator and some greeblies but not much more than that.  Here is my progress so far:

I cut out a 4in PVC pipe, unfortunately I couldn't find the white PVC pipe as it's easier to work with, I then used some painter's tape to mark my lines where I will cut out with the dremel.

After I cut out I used some coban to secure the halves together and more making tape to mark the openings to be more comfortable on my wrists.

Added some piano hinge to the insides:

That's it for the moment.  Looking around my apartment for some greeblies!  Any advice is appreciated!

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
Re: Araz's Gauntlets
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:08 PM »
Looks like you used Kuu's tutorial.  Mine are also based on that design.  I have plans to eventually add a flame thrower and retractable blade, but I'm going to wait til after I'm OM for that.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:03 PM »
great idea... did you cut the piano hinge to size? if so does the pin need to be bent so it won't pop out?

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Yes, I cut the hinge to run the full length of the gauntlet, an bent the ends of the pins.  I used piano hinge for the closure, too, just a short section.  They fit tight enough to that I'm not worried about the lock pin coming loose
  I'll do a different closure method for kit 2 and beyond, as it can be difficult to lock in place without and extra hand to help.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Yes, I cut the hinge to run the full length of the gauntlet, an bent the ends of the pins.  I used piano hinge for the closure, too, just a short section.  They fit tight enough to that I'm not worried about the lock pin coming loose
  I'll do a different closure method for kit 2 and beyond, as it can be difficult to lock in place without and extra hand to help.

nice! i'll try that too.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2017, 12:55 AM »
I apologize about the update, but I've finished the gauntlets!

So I got a battery holder, and some dry erase markers for a wrist blaster.

I have a Turtle Beach headset connecter for an Xbox 360 I don't use anymore, will use as a cover for the blasters.

Got a flashlight for some greeblies on the other gauntlet.

Used some Bondo to secure the wrist blaster "console"

Some Elastic straps to close down the gauntlet.  Also painted and weathered.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!