Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Darius Blakk, Hunter of the Dishonored

• 50 Replies
Darius Blakk, Hunter of the Dishonored
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 01:50 AM »
Man, I've started and restarted the introduction to this WiP multiple times.  Instead of elegant, I'll go for blunt.

I'm Darius.  10 year AF vet, struggling with being in the civilian world and hoping that working with my hands helps me.  The Mercs have helped me, become a surrogate family.  It all adds up to me being here.  I've been with my local clan for almost two years, and helped others get their kits ready.  Between intense work hours, and a tendency of being locked in a loop of inaction/indecision, my kit has been a slow starter.  I tried a WiP in the general Armor Construction forum, but it seemed a non-starter.  Here's a link: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110773.0.  So I'm coming to the experts here.

First, I was inspired by the executioner helmet.  With that in mind, I wanted to extend its look to my entire kit.  Came up with the idea of a Mando Executioner, hunter of Mando's that have dishonored our name.  Breakers of contract, betrayers of those we were hired to protect.  So I delved the internet and came up with a few photos.

From there, I started in on some sketches:

Expanded out some more shots for inspiration, specific to different pieces:

And finally, some actual progress...although there's a long way to go:

Test fits:

For color scheme, it's a layered approach, based on the piece.  Base armor plates will be a Nurgle Green, bone structures will be hammered silver, muscle detailing a dark gold, and layered carapace pieces will be steel.

For weapons, I've been waffling back and forth from a number of different choices.  Some form of executioner blade, a heavy blaster, and explosives. 

Man, after making this post, and putting up what progress I have...it really shows how little I've accomplished so far.  So much left to do.

Formerly known as TheRevan1te

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Darius Blakk, Hunter of the Dishonored
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2017, 05:07 AM »
This is going to look SICK!! :o 8) ;D

Posting for updates.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:11 AM »
Man, after making this post, and putting up what progress I have...it really shows how little I've accomplished so far.  So much left to do.

I tend to disagree. Given that most people stop at the base plate layer I'd say you've accomplished a huge amount. And of that amount I can't see anything that isn't good. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it come together.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Tiric Keel

• Family is more than blood!
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:24 AM »
Defiantly loving this,  I don't  see anything bad, I can't wait too see this one!!!!!  Keep going ner vod!!!!

Karta Beskar 2019
OM Troops: 100+  Educational Troops: 23
MMCC # 1081
159   Tiric Keel, 10/17/15, Vanguard, 267th Rapid Assault   Demolitions
DZ-80396 “Ace”

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:26 AM »
I am just going to echo Kris here, you are off to a very solid start and are well on your way.

The thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to do ALL of the bells and whistles right away and honestly I would suggest you keep it simple the first time out. You can add stuff like shins, thighs, bicep plates and all sorts of fancy things later down the line.

And if you looking at things from that point of view it seems to me plate wise you need knees, shoulders and some gauntlets. For your soft goods you just need a second waist item.

Really you have a ton of work out of the way, keep hammering away and you will be an OM before you know it!

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:01 AM »
Looking good, so far. ;) And as was said before, this isn't a race or competition, to see how much you get done in a given time...just take your time, and build the kit that you're dreaming of; there's always time to improve it, once you get Official.

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:10 AM »
i love it man the whole legion of the damned look is rely cool and i cant wait to see more of your work, keep it up.

Runyn Ara'nov

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din. Vode An.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2017, 12:07 PM »
watching with great interest  ;D

"ganar ni sirbur vi hokaanir?" - "did i mention, we cut?"
Ge'tal Vheh UM WIP
Gray Brigade Regular #4

Nadia

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2017, 01:28 PM »
It is going to look awesome :)

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
My WIP:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111994.0

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2017, 10:33 PM »
A fellow Warhammer Advocate? Do you support the Corpse God or the Glorious Chaos Gods?

And as far as the armor, FANTASTIC!! I actually have a sketch of a helmet i plan on making molds of based off the idea of a WH40K Chaplain In a mandalorian styled Kit, If you'd like to see

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2017, 11:00 PM »
I'm always up to see new ideas!  If you want you can PM it to me, if you want to keep it on the d/l, or just post it up.

I've always been a follower of Chaos.  The Corpse God is simply that.  Give me some Pappa Nurgle any day.

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2017, 01:51 AM »
Commenting to follow. ;D

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Slowly but surely, I'm making progress!  I was able to get with my Clan this weekend for an Armor Party, and just hanging out watching others get all armored up for some photos has gotten my gears going again!

Don't mind the sharpie lines, they were initial guides before the pieces had actually been manufactured.  What do you guys think?  Still a whole chest full of ribs to finish, but I'm determined to get the majority of it done before the end of the week.

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:01 AM »
Looks very well made vod! I love the bevel you got on the new parts. Where else are you planning to put ribs?

« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:06 AM »
Aside from up both the chest plates, there will also be ribs on my back plate.  My collar will also have a piece similar to a clavicle.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Now that I see some of it assembled, my previous statement stands...  :o 8) 
When you get to painting, how weathered are you going? 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Runyn Ara'nov

« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:46 AM »
it's looking pretty awesome, vod!

Ge'tal Vheh UM WIP
Gray Brigade Regular #4

« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:07 PM »
I'm really torn on the weathering.  I think sometimes really heavy weathering can take away from the details of the kit.  Right now I'm thinking of just weathering it to appear as a well-used, seasoned kit...but also well maintained. So grime along the edges and corners, a few 3D damage marks, etc.

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Watching with interest!

"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."

Runyn Ara'nov

« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2017, 08:12 PM »
I'm really torn on the weathering.  I think sometimes really heavy weathering can take away from the details of the kit.  Right now I'm thinking of just weathering it to appear as a well-used, seasoned kit...but also well maintained. So grime along the edges and corners, a few 3D damage marks, etc.
i'm thinking this is the direction i may go.   maybe with just  a little black wash to make it "lived in".

Ge'tal Vheh UM WIP
Gray Brigade Regular #4

« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2017, 06:16 AM »
Figured I would post up my progress from the week.  So freaking excited for how this is turning out!  Doing some clean up on all the pieces before finalizing the bonding of the chest plates.

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Figured I would post up my progress from the week.  So freaking excited for how this is turning out!  Doing some clean up on all the pieces before finalizing the bonding of the chest plates.

Wicked!!

"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2017, 10:57 AM »
Can't wait to see how you get this one done. Looking fantastic, very Legion Of The Damned.

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Dar'manda

« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Looks awesome vod!

Cyberdemon

• Just point me at what you want destroyed
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2017, 12:47 PM »
that is so cool vod

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!