Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kalib's neck piece / tunic time

• 0 Replies

Kalib Vallogo

• Never get between a Mandalorian and a weapons pack
Kalib's neck piece / tunic time
« on: Jan 22, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Just like the vest WIP. I'm using the same materials and techniques to create a neck piece for my build. I decided to make the neck piece separate so you can remove it for comfort without taking the vest off. I started by measuring my neck and adding an inch more to the measurements for extra comfort. Then I measured from my color bone to the bottom of my chin. With those measurements I began cutting the cloth. I'm using 1/8 inch felt padding and sand tone cloth.

I cut out the measurements out of the padding only.

then I added an extra 1 1/2 inch tab at one end for a future Velcro flap.

I use 3M adhesive spray to one side of the padding and place it onto the cloth. Notice that I left  inch of cloth on the top and at least 10 inches on the bottom.

I sprayed glued and folded the top piece of cloth over and then ONLY 1 inch of the bottom was glued and then the rest flapped back down. The edges and the sides were spray glued to be sewn later on. If I used a hot glue gun for this the sewing needle would have a hard time to sew.

Spray glued at the ends and folded my corners in. This was just to keep the cloth in place before the sewing starts.

then I sewn about a 1/4 inch above all edges all the way around. Leaving the over hanging cloth alone.

last item would be the Velcro on the tab piece and the other Velcro piece on the inside of the color. Once it overlapped the ends together closing the loop and hiding the Velcro. The remaining /hanging cloth gets tucked under the vest. Perfectly matching and hiding my neck and any parts of the jumpsuit from showing.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!