Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rare Earth magnet supplier for armor attachments

• 12 Replies

Anganoth The Destroyer

• Death Metal Mando
Rare Earth magnet supplier for armor attachments
« on: Feb 03, 2017, 10:18 AM »
I am not sure if this is the right forum for this, so if it's not please move it to the appropriate are.
I just bought 100 1/8x1/6" and 50 1/4x1/10" rare earth magnets for under $12 with free shipping from a place called TotalElement. I just wanted to pass this along for others who are interested in using the magnets for attaching their armor. I thought this was a great price on bulk magnets. I bought the 1/8" diamond for the RF stalk on my helmet, and the larger ones for the armor.

Anganoth the Destryoer - The ruler of the wasteland and The Ayatollah of rock and roll'a!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Rare Earth magnet supplier for armor attachments
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2017, 01:19 PM »
I don't know if this is the right board or not, either, but that's an awesome find!  Thank you for posting this!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I'll need any for my armor, but I've got other costumes that I can use them for.

Myin Jones

Jábesh Yin O'nes of Mandalore

https://www.instagram.com/real_yin_cosplay/
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2017, 01:42 AM »
Do you know what the shipping turnaround time is?  Found a bunch of good priced magnets, but most are from China and take a month or two to show up.

Irud  Dral - Armstrong, like my family before me

Anganoth The Destroyer

• Death Metal Mando
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2017, 02:57 PM »
The one I ordered from this company are shipped from Colorado. I will have mine Tuesday here in Georgia.

Anganoth the Destryoer - The ruler of the wasteland and The Ayatollah of rock and roll'a!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2017, 06:26 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2017, 09:20 PM »
At the very least, myself and the rest of the steel Mandos can pick up a bunch of these to throw at each other when bored at slow troops. :laugh:

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2017, 09:37 PM »
Not really related, but something some might find interesting... I own and run an escape room, and I'm always looking at making new gadgets and cool things.  I came across these magnets.

This awesome company found a way to design special polarities withing magnets, that allow them to do things never been done before.  Magnets may attract each other from far away, then repel at close distances.  They may be fused together, unless spun at a certain angle and then they release from each other.  I'm sure there are ways to incorporate these magnets into costume building, and maybe even take it to the next level.  Have a peek yourself

http://www.polymagnet.com/polymagnets/

They also make low profile magnets that can be used right on electronics without frying them...

Irud  Dral - Armstrong, like my family before me

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2017, 09:47 PM »
That is really cool!

Just ordered a set of 1/2x1/8" magnets, let's hope these will fix the issues with my wife's kit.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2017, 11:07 PM »
At the very least, myself and the rest of the steel Mandos can pick up a bunch of these to throw at each other when bored at slow troops. :laugh:

We need to troop and do this. Pull off a plate and try to catch the vest magnet with a thrown magnet.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2017, 11:49 PM »
That's how Mando's play horseshoes, the closer you get to the magnet, the better.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2017, 11:53 PM »
It's like us bored Marines throwing rocks at other rocks when we are bored.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Thank you for sharing this vod! I was looking around for small magnets for my gauntlets,and they have exactly what I need.  :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!