Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP

• 84 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP
« on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:28 PM »
My Mandalorian love continues and I've liked this character for a very long time and now I'm building it.

The whole comic as reference, but due to him having 2 load outs, I'm going to try and only pull from the latter part of the comic in Nal Hutta

The scan is flatter in colour , but your able to see the details pretty well still.
This is my Imgur album if you would like an even bigger sample  ;D Jodo Kast Reference images album

The beginning:

From here is where I'm trying to pull references from  ;D

Thanks to Toolguy301's 3D template's I've been able to get allot of the parts from Shapeways and they look great.

Thought we'd start with the soft parts first and a few 3D printed bits then go from there, feedback appreciated

*****************IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO BROKEN PHOTOBUCKET LINKS*****************

Zip will be covered with a matching panel

Managed to get a pair of second hand pair of RotJ Boba gauntlets

*****************IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO BROKEN PHOTOBUCKET LINKS*****************

3D printed parts

EDIT: Due to Photobucket fail I've gone through my wip restoring the finished pieces and references where possible, the transition (WIP) parts I felt were not required as they are superseded by the final piece.
Hope you still enjoy

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 04:45 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:54 PM »
I am a fan of Jodo Kast. Dude had some guts. Or he was just plain stupid.   :P  :P  :P

Either way, Imma be watching this build with great interest! 8)

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2017, 03:14 PM »
wow, those 3-d printed bits look fantastic.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Great job so far!!!  I'll be watching.  :D

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Forgot to put up these pictures of the leather pouches I got from Delta 13 matches the flight suit so well.

Had a delivery today with a few more parts from Shapeways.

Grenades

Missile topper, stabilizer and beacon for Jetpack

Decided to follow Toolguys example and have pipes joining up the equipment instead of strands that came from the girth belt.
I see it as the artists not being able to put different colours in before print and makes far more sense that they are pipes instead of strands.
Toolguys belt:

Reference pictures

So I got a good friend of mine to 3D print the part to hold the connecters and also got some flexible piping to run through everything

And finally....... Pistol

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 03:00 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:11 AM »
Very nice!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 65 Official Invasions

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:22 AM »
I shall be watching ..  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Those are some nice looking parts  8)

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:20 PM »
Far too few JK's around. Glad to see someone taking interest. Let me know if you have questions, I helped Toolguy with his build a while back.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2017, 09:52 AM »
Chest plates

Templates

Little bit of working and natural weathering of soft parts later

Got these:

And now putting them on

The all important jet pack ;D

And beginning of my helmet ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 03:02 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2017, 12:38 PM »
My metal ear caps have come through, put them on, much happier  ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 03:00 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Very, very nice. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 65 Official Invasions

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Sweet  ! !     8)       

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Hik'aari

• Nickaari
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2017, 05:23 AM »
Those ear caps are things of beauty. As and when I come to do a third kit I shall be using the same supplier.
Having held these pieces in real life they are machined to perfection

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2017, 01:15 PM »
OOoooohhhh.... metal earcaps (drool)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!