Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP

• 84 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Few little steps last night, Knees, girth belt dye and back of lid buttons

*****************IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO BROKEN PHOTOBUCKET LINKS*****************

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 02:52 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:33 PM »
I've always liked the buttons he has instead of the keyslots.........at least he didn't completely copy Fett's "homework"  :P  :P  :P

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2017, 08:47 AM »
I've always liked the buttons he has instead of the keyslots.........at least he didn't completely copy Fett's "homework"  :P  :P  :P

I'm realizing there are allot of differences wit this build, just small and detailed.
It's definitely keeping me on my toes  :P

Little more today, will need opinions of others for this if you'd be so kind

Cloak = Which looks better?
I've gone through allot of dyes to get to these choices, I'm not sure I can find the exact one unless someone knows the exact ones.

*****************IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO BROKEN PHOTOBUCKET LINKS*****************

Back plate: Does this look okay for the raised sections where the harness comes out ?

Minor addition, Left gauntlet with leveled sections beside main missile for the secondary missiles to be mounted.
Greeblies (buttons , keypad and dental floss part still to add)

Image from comic

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 02:53 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2017, 01:13 PM »
Its hard to tell what the true cape color is supposed to be based on the comic art, but I'd go with that first lighter colored one. Seems closer to the artwork, and I just like the color better lol.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2017, 02:35 PM »
i think the cape colours differ slightly from panel to panel in the comic so both work. personally i prefer the darker one... think it would be more in keeping with the darker flight suit. but still you're far more savvy at this than me. can't wait to see what you decide.

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, but I'm thinking the lighting has distorted the colours as its looking different to in real life, I'll keep working on it :P

Last little bit for the day, knees with darts

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 11:42 AM »
New experience, playing with a 3D printer thanks to Rang Kemir 

Tak'ur

• Ner oyay cuyir tracyn bal tal
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Looking good...

Loved the work you did with Ryi'nocks back plate - saw it Sat...

OM #1966 06th Dec 2017
Girth Belt WIP
Oribru Akaata #22 Draluram #16  M.M.R.S #2 Wrangalorian #6  M.L.C.S #40  M.A.C.K #50 B.E.A.R.D.S #148  B.O.M.B #92

Vhett Naast

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Tiiiiiiiiight....

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 01:32 AM »
Looking like one more part done  :thumbsup:

Back plate and harness boxes

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 05:12 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

jett drexel

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 08:18 AM »
wooooh... that looks the bees knees mate... back plate looks pretty amazing too. your work is constantly an inspiration, hopefully i'll get to see one of your kits in the flesh soon.

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 05:29 PM »
wooooh... that looks the bees knees mate... back plate looks pretty amazing too. your work is constantly an inspiration, hopefully i'll get to see one of your kits in the flesh soon.

That would be quite cool to put a face to forum name :-)

Had a partial kit up to see if gauntlets were looking right as they were and only needed padding, I'm personally not seeing a problem as they are reasonably close already, but if anyone feels otherwise and willing to show me what I need to get them better I'm totally up for that as I want this kit looking as best as I can :P

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 02:55 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

jett drexel

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 05:55 PM »
awesome.

Rang Kemir

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 12:46 PM »
I know i say it enough in person, but it all looks so cool  8)

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 09:00 AM »
I know i say it enough in person, but it all looks so cool  8)

Oh, its gets better (as you know  :laugh:)

Full mock up day with the parts I have
Finally have visor for helmet

And now the full body shots as it was a nice day, please remember I'm leaning back a little to keep the back plate on as its not fully attached as yet  :rolleyes:

Back plate to jet pack curve is pretty good I feel too

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 03:14 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!