Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP

• 84 Replies

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP
« Reply #60 on: Jul 01, 2017, 03:37 PM »
 :o  WOW , Very Cool Mate ! !    8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #61 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Thanks, looking at a few of the smaller parts this week, progress below

Grenades

Pistol launch grenades

Pistol

Looking at doing Jet pack soon as I should have the paints (cross fingers they look right  ???)

Update:

Gauntlets:

And started working on gun holster (wooden buck in place to not mess up the Pistol)

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 05:09 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #62 on: Jul 08, 2017, 01:29 PM »
Pipe connectors

Left Greeblie

Right Greeblie

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #63 on: Jul 08, 2017, 04:55 PM »
once again with the beautiful details.

« Reply #64 on: Jul 08, 2017, 11:50 PM »
G'day vod, I've been absent for abit, just discovered this.....very very nice kit, love the details
Great work

Fenn Beviin

• Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #65 on: Jul 09, 2017, 02:25 AM »
G'day vod, I've been absent for abit, just discovered this.....very very nice kit, love the details
Great work

Agreed! This is looking awesome. I actually used part of the Joda Kast right greeble to hide my voice amp by giving it 3 holed square faceplate. Maybe I should give mine some tiny antenna looking greebs as well.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0
Montross Pistol: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=53864.30
SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
Modified EE-3: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92880.0

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #66 on: Jul 16, 2017, 02:37 PM »
Agreed! This is looking awesome. I actually used part of the Joda Kast right greeble to hide my voice amp by giving it 3 holed square faceplate. Maybe I should give mine some tiny antenna looking greebs as well.

Along the same idea I was having with speaker, that may be a later upgrade though  ;D

Today I've been working on the Jet Pack

Came out a bit darker than I hoped with weathering and the layering, but also hope its within tolerance of reference

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2017, 03:04 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Ref Al'drann

• Rohlan Dyre
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #67 on: Jul 25, 2017, 12:03 AM »
Looking great! Very well researched. As you've pointed out throughout this thread, there are a lot of variations to the artwork that make this costume a headache. I know it's tough to reconcile these issues with a set of CRLs, but I don't see anything that gives me concerns about approvability of what you've done so far. Keep up the good work!

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #68 on: Jul 25, 2017, 03:26 AM »
Looking great! Very well researched. As you've pointed out throughout this thread, there are a lot of variations to the artwork that make this costume a headache. I know it's tough to reconcile these issues with a set of CRLs, but I don't see anything that gives me concerns about approvability of what you've done so far. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Ref, I'll keep on trucking then  ;D

Holster nearly finished, just need belt loops installed and that I can only do once girth and belts done and cod repainted as the yellow underlay was a bit much and grey seemed more suitable.

jett drexel

« Reply #69 on: Jul 25, 2017, 10:47 AM »
ooooooh that holster, beautiful work.

« Reply #70 on: Jul 25, 2017, 04:54 PM »
Paint work on the cod looks awesome, great work vod

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #71 on: Jul 27, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Thought I'd test fit again but this time painted plates

jett drexel

« Reply #72 on: Jul 27, 2017, 05:34 PM »
you make it look easy.

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #73 on: Jul 31, 2017, 05:20 PM »
Jodo Kast is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. This is a very nice build. I really, really like your jetpack. I may have overlooked while looking through these past 5 pages, but how did you make the jetpack rocket?

ART TEAM LEAD | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #74 on: Jul 31, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Jodo Kast is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. This is a very nice build. I really, really like your jetpack. I may have overlooked while looking through these past 5 pages, but how did you make the jetpack rocket?

That and many other parts are designed by the talented Toolguy 301: Toolguy301's Shapeways shop

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!