Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP

• 98 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP
« on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:28 PM »
My Mandalorian love continues and I've liked this character for a very long time and now I'm building it.

The whole comic as reference, but due to him having 2 load outs, I'm going to try and only pull from the latter part of the comic in Nal Hutta

The scan is flatter in colour , but your able to see the details pretty well still.
This is my Imgur album if you would like an even bigger sample  ;D Jodo Kast Reference images album

The beginning:

From here is where I'm trying to pull references from  ;D

Thanks to Toolguy301's 3D template's I've been able to get allot of the parts from Shapeways and they look great.

Thought we'd start with the soft parts first and a few 3D printed bits then go from there, feedback appreciated

*****************IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO BROKEN PHOTOBUCKET LINKS*****************

Zip will be covered with a matching panel

Managed to get a pair of second hand pair of RotJ Boba gauntlets

*****************IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO BROKEN PHOTOBUCKET LINKS*****************

3D printed parts

EDIT: Due to Photobucket fail I've gone through my wip restoring the finished pieces and references where possible, the transition (WIP) parts I felt were not required as they are superseded by the final piece.
Hope you still enjoy

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2024, 09:34 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:54 PM »
I am a fan of Jodo Kast. Dude had some guts. Or he was just plain stupid.   :P  :P  :P

Either way, Imma be watching this build with great interest! 8)

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2017, 03:14 PM »
wow, those 3-d printed bits look fantastic.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Great job so far!!!  I'll be watching.  :D

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Forgot to put up these pictures of the leather pouches I got from Delta 13 matches the flight suit so well.

Had a delivery today with a few more parts from Shapeways.

Grenades

Missile topper, stabilizer and beacon for Jetpack

Decided to follow Toolguys example and have pipes joining up the equipment instead of strands that came from the girth belt.
I see it as the artists not being able to put different colours in before print and makes far more sense that they are pipes instead of strands.
Toolguys belt:

Reference pictures

So I got a good friend of mine to 3D print the part to hold the connecters and also got some flexible piping to run through everything

And finally....... Pistol

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 03:00 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:11 AM »
Very nice!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:22 AM »
I shall be watching ..  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Those are some nice looking parts  8)

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:20 PM »
Far too few JK's around. Glad to see someone taking interest. Let me know if you have questions, I helped Toolguy with his build a while back.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2017, 09:52 AM »
Chest plates

Templates

Little bit of working and natural weathering of soft parts later

Got these:

And now putting them on

The all important jet pack ;D

And beginning of my helmet ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 03:02 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2017, 12:38 PM »
My metal ear caps have come through, put them on, much happier  ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 03:00 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Very, very nice. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Sweet  ! !     8)       

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2017, 05:23 AM »
Those ear caps are things of beauty. As and when I come to do a third kit I shall be using the same supplier.
Having held these pieces in real life they are machined to perfection

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

jett drexel

« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2017, 01:15 PM »
OOoooohhhh.... metal earcaps (drool)

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Few little steps last night, Knees, girth belt dye and back of lid buttons

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 02:52 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Vhett Naast

« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:33 PM »
I've always liked the buttons he has instead of the keyslots.........at least he didn't completely copy Fett's "homework"  :P  :P  :P

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2017, 08:47 AM »
I've always liked the buttons he has instead of the keyslots.........at least he didn't completely copy Fett's "homework"  :P  :P  :P

I'm realizing there are allot of differences wit this build, just small and detailed.
It's definitely keeping me on my toes  :P

Little more today, will need opinions of others for this if you'd be so kind

Cloak = Which looks better?
I've gone through allot of dyes to get to these choices, I'm not sure I can find the exact one unless someone knows the exact ones.

Back plate: Does this look okay for the raised sections where the harness comes out ?

Minor addition, Left gauntlet with leveled sections beside main missile for the secondary missiles to be mounted.
Greeblies (buttons , keypad and dental floss part still to add)

Image from comic

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 02:53 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Vhett Naast

« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2017, 01:13 PM »
Its hard to tell what the true cape color is supposed to be based on the comic art, but I'd go with that first lighter colored one. Seems closer to the artwork, and I just like the color better lol.

jett drexel

« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2017, 02:35 PM »
i think the cape colours differ slightly from panel to panel in the comic so both work. personally i prefer the darker one... think it would be more in keeping with the darker flight suit. but still you're far more savvy at this than me. can't wait to see what you decide.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, but I'm thinking the lighting has distorted the colours as its looking different to in real life, I'll keep working on it :P

Last little bit for the day, knees with darts

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 11:42 AM »
New experience, playing with a 3D printer thanks to Rang Kemir 

Tak'ur

• Ner oyay cuyir tracyn bal tal
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Looking good...

Loved the work you did with Ryi'nocks back plate - saw it Sat...

“When you find yourself surrounded by those who don't know or care who you are, comfort yourself knowing that you are part of something far greater and more powerful than they will ever have the privilege of knowing.”

Vhett Naast

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Tiiiiiiiiight....

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 01:32 AM »
Looking like one more part done  :thumbsup:

Back plate and harness boxes

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 05:12 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!