Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NME Assassin with Electronics.

• 11 Replies

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
NME Assassin with Electronics.
« on: Feb 09, 2017, 07:53 AM »
I ordered an NME Assassin helmet last November and it finally came in a little while ago so I decided to put some work into it and create a WIP thread. I always wanted to load out my bucket with electronics so I figured this would be the best platform. On the list will be LEDs, fans, ambient audio system, and a wireless microphone. I've already gotten some work in on it so here's progression pictures.

Bought the helmet as a blank without visor install. I kind of wish I got the install service just because the visor is an awkward shape and size to cut out of one piece of face shield, it took me two shields to get it right.

I cut some holes in the recessed details of the helmet for LED placement.

Will update later!

wmmbuzzkill

• Awards 40% increase or more Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: NME Assassin with Electronics.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2017, 10:33 AM »

Got the firsttry of paint on to gauge my color combinations but I ended up stripping it and re painting

Messing around with LED clusters.

Pic of the inside everything just taped in for now.

wmmbuzzkill

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2017, 12:24 PM »
This is the large bucket.

Barn

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2017, 04:47 PM »

Any chance of a link PM'd to where you got these? Having trouble finding them in Australia.

wmmbuzzkill

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Any chance of a link PM'd to where you got these? Having trouble finding them in Australia.

I don't remember since bought them a long while ago. Search Alixpress and you can get a bulk pile for a good price.

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2017, 07:56 PM by wmmbuzzkill » Logged

wmmbuzzkill

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Found that my green LEDs kept burning out so I figure my batch ofile greens were bad.. swapped them put for blue! I setup the clusters with a potentiometer for each color so I can control the brightness and balance it. Super ugly wiring and electrical tape wrap but hey its safe and works.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:52 PM »
Looking cool vod

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2017, 12:08 AM »
Very cool.

QMU#084
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2017, 09:19 PM »
Do you have any resistors in there?  That may be why the green LEDs kept burning out.

wmmbuzzkill

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Do you have any resistors in there?  That may be why the green LEDs kept burning out.
I was running resistors in parallel. They kept burning out regardless. Instead of resistors, I switched over to Potentiometers.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!