Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

flak vest

• 30 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: flak vest
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2017, 06:27 PM »
It looks like the collar could come up a bit and the rest of the plates to follow. The collar should pretty much be choking you (but not actually!)
Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278 || Approval Team
Custom Armor WIP - Bo Katan WIP

« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2017, 06:42 PM »
I will try my neck seal is kinda big so it might get in wait,besides at how's the spacing.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2017, 07:31 AM by Greydogtech » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2017, 12:30 AM »
Spacing appears consistent all around, good job there :)

« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Spacing appears consistent all around, good job there :)
Great im just going to temporally put them on with magnets  of if they will stay on and the day after the con will go to armor party to get help making it stay,what is the best way to put on back plate?

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2017, 03:52 PM »
Mine has about 6 snaps that are arranged around the back plate and snap to the flak vest in strategic places to take the weight and pull the flak vest up to the back plate so I don't get any gaps.
Then, above both shoulders on the back plate, I embedded two Chicago screws above that allow me to attach two thick leather straps that go over my shoulders and connect with snaps to the underside of my collar plate.
That means I can leave the backplate connected to the vest, put on the flak vest and snap the collar plate onto the vest and finally the two straps.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2017, 11:23 PM »
My backplates are held on by Velcro. it does sometimes need a little adjustment here and there, but overall I like this method personally

« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2017, 10:49 AM »
I moved the color plate as much as I could and formed plates more to body.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:18 PM »
The collar looks like it's in a better spot :) don't forgot to leave the same distance between your collar and chest plates as the chest and ab plates

« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:33 PM »
The collar looks like it's in a better spot :) don't forgot to leave the same distance between your collar and chest plates as the chest and ab plates

So is the distance between the chest plates good and I just have to make sure collar is sane distance or do I need to move chest plates closer?

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #24 on: Mar 20, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Spacing should be consistent between all plates. We like to say that it should be about a thumb width apart.

« Reply #25 on: Mar 20, 2017, 05:23 PM »
Spacing should be consistent between all plates. We like to say that it should be about a thumb width apart.
ok thanks will fix tonight and then put on shoulder plates.

« Reply #26 on: Mar 21, 2017, 10:38 AM »

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #27 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:12 AM »
Almost there...

Check out how the top corners of Jango's chest plates line up with the bottom corners of the collar to form neat side-on V shapes...

>   <

This would mean either widening the collar or trimming the outside edges of the chest & ab plates and I'm erring on the side of the latter solution - any other Ruus'alors want to take a look at this and feedback?

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #28 on: Mar 22, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Spacing looks good. And yes I agree that the chest plates will need a trim so they line up with the collar. I think the collar is the right size so I would trim the chest plates

« Reply #29 on: Mar 23, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Put magnets on how is it now
L

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!