Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ideas for colour scheme

• 2 Replies
Ideas for colour scheme
« on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:36 PM »
I'm currently in the planning stage of building my armour and I was wondering if anyone could post some pictures of colour schemes (This is highly based on opinion of course but ideas from anyone are welcome) I was thinking of going for black and red so any pictures of those colours that you think are any good are also extremely welcome.

Not old enough to be OM
Re: Ideas for colour scheme
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:14 PM »
Not to be the Devil's advocate, vod, but I think red and black is the most common colour combination.  Doesn't mean you can't use it, but it has some drawbacks. 

First off, if you have others bring forward example colour schemes, you are more likely to have a less original idea than designing one yourself.

Second, you can see exactly what colours look good to you by using this awesome MandoMaker app:

http://zammap.deviantart.com/art/Mando-Maker-3-103333151

*NOTE* this flash-based app doesn't let you save designs, so take a screenshot when you have locked down an idea

Third, colour scheme is only, in my opinion, about half the battle.  You can also have varied colours underneath that show when weathering, dirt and blackwashes to add depth, as well as decals/designs/striping to add effects.  If you want a boost of inspiration, might I suggest looking through other armour concepts threads, or this thread of finished OM kits:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=14.0

Finally, some of the best feedback I've heard is to avoid straight black.  Do dark grey, or slate, or dark hues of other colours.  Your damage and weathering will show much better, and you will probably be more satisfied in the long run.

And once you've got your inspiration, throw some ideas up on this thread, or in your WIP! You will get plenty of honest feedback if you show your efforts.

Good luck, and have fun vod!

Irud  Dral - Armstrong, like my family before me
Re: CG_Drummer
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:22 PM »
Thanks a lot CG, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely check out those links.

Not old enough to be OM

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!