Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Shurik's weapon builds; elegant weapons, for an uncivilized age.

• 32 Replies

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
Since my allotted budget for my kit has been spent this month getting my helmet (because why start with a flightsuit and vest so I can build my kit from the ground up? That would only make sense), I figured that any Mando'a worth his beskar should have a proper blaster or twelve.

And seeing as I haven't made a prop in about five years and the only one that survived more than a month before getting scrapped to make a different one is somewhere in Texas right now (Jesse, if you're still on this site you better not have lost that blaster!  :laugh:) I figured I would start small, and simple.

Just kidding.

Still not done yet, I need to try and find something that I can mount underneath the barrel to flesh out the overall silhouette of the pistol and I'm not hugely happy with the top of the frame right now. Any advice welcome!

(I also need to pick up more electrical tape, super glue, epoxy, dremel heads....*sigh* at least I have a Dremel now. Can't believe I managed to make any blasters at ALL with just a small hacksaw and a pipe cutter back in the day. I'll try to find my old threads and show off my previous work in here)

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
It's looking good and it seems you have a great supply of guns and parts. I'm actually more than a little jealous.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Shurik Bhar'vani

It's looking good and it seems you have a great supply of guns and parts. I'm actually more than a little jealous.

Thanks! I work at an airsoft field, and one of the little perks is being able to go "Hey boss, we're throwing out all that boneyard stuff right? Cool, cool....give you twenty bucks for the lot."  :laugh:

I still have all of this as well. Incidentally, if anyone sees anything they like in the bin or has any ideas for a blaster that they can't do themselves due to a lack of materials/time, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'd been meaning to start doing commission work anyways to get some income for my kit, doesn't hurt to start now.

And as well, the mk 2 variant of my blaster pistol. Ignore the arm and cat tail, I was using my girlfriend's lap to angle the gun for a picture and the cat's tail to try and get some proper focus on my phone  :laugh: I don't know what kind of satin finish was used on the gun, but dear lord it plays hell with photography and light reflections. Which is strange, because it really isn't that shiny IRL. No way to weather it either as far as I can tell, the pistol I use FOR airsoft is in the same satin color and the damned thing still looks new despite being about five years old and to hell and back.

I also found my old build threads, so here is ONE photo of each of the guns I've made previously instead of a complete dump  ;)

EDIT: It's worth noting that everything up to this point with my new blaster was done with a handheld hacksaw, pipe cutter and hit glue/tape/superglue. Now that I have a proper dremel, the sky is the limit!  ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2018, 08:02 AM by Shurik Bhar'vani » Logged
"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)

Barn

All look rather spiffy. Would take you up on custom stuff, but importing to Australia is rather impossible lol

Shurik Bhar'vani

All look rather spiffy. Would take you up on custom stuff, but importing to Australia is rather impossible lol
Challenge...accepted?  :laugh: I have no idea if that's true or not, but I would think that the shipping would be astronomical

Barn

Anything resembling a gun or knife gets stopped at customs :/

Shurik Bhar'vani

Anything resembling a gun or knife gets stopped at customs :/

Wow, that sucks man  :(

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2017, 09:15 PM by Shurik Bhar'vani » Logged

Shurik Bhar'vani

UPDATE 2/26/17:

Finished a second blaster, this one is less of a combat pistol like the first one  and more looking like a pocket disruptor pistol  :laugh:

EDIT: I'll probably cut the hammer spur off sometime this week, as soon as I get more cutting wheels for my dremel

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2017, 08:20 AM by Shurik Bhar'vani » Logged

Shurik Bhar'vani

UPDATE 2/28/17

Has it really been less than a week since I started this? Why, how time flies.

My primary blaster pistol (one of the two that will be going onto my personal kit) has already hit the mark 3 stage. At this point i'm pretty satisfied with how it looks, enough of the outline of the base gun has been broken up that i'm confident in the overall shape and disguising of the base, and there's just enough greeblies on the gun to attract the eye without overloading it with detail:

And a shot of it in the holster, I was pleasantly surprised to see that A- it still fits and B- the larger rear sight of the base gun allows the retention strap built into the holster to slip over it and keep it quite securely locked into the holster.

I expect this will be my last post in this thread for a few days, I want to concentrate on cutting out my armor templates, researching on good places to get a flightsuit without breaking the bank (bills are due this week, so all my progress on my overall kit is about to come to a screeching halt) and working on some concept drawings. Once all of that is out of the way, I may start tinkering with a carbine, just for fun.

As a short addendum, the pocket blaster has had its sights ground off, the hammer spur cut away and a plate glued over the back to give it a more streamlined appearance. Now it looks a lot more like a pistol that a pilot would wear in a shoulder harness, much like the P22(6?) based blaster pistol that the Rebellion pilots in TFA were wearing.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
That turned out great and that's a really nice holster and belt. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the pocket blaster.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Shurik Bhar'vani

That turned out great and that's a really nice holster and belt. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the pocket blaster.

I'm close to satisfied with it, I may cut into the slide a little and run some more wire through it. Not really sure where else to go with it, as there really isn't a lot of real estate space to do things with and I want to keep it as streamlined as possible

Very nice gear, I quite enjoy your Makarov based blaster, simple and elegant, as promised! That holster looks great, as does your primary blaster.  Im quite jealous of your job my friend, I love air-soft; I have a full set of tac gear and cammies for the infrequent times I can play. Are any of those boneyard pieces still available? Pm me and lets talk  ;)

Shurik Bhar'vani

Very nice gear, I quite enjoy your Makarov based blaster, simple and elegant, as promised! That holster looks great, as does your primary blaster.  Im quite jealous of your job my friend, I love air-soft; I have a full set of tac gear and cammies for the infrequent times I can play. Are any of those boneyard pieces still available? Pm me and lets talk  ;)

reply inbound. I play airsoft at least twice a month, if not more  :laugh: perks of working at a field, I get to play for free

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Wow, amazing job on the A180 blaster!!  Really...I think I like that better than Jyn's.   8)

Shurik Bhar'vani

Wow, amazing job on the A180 blaster!!  Really...I think I like that better than Jyn's.   8)

WOO! I did something right!  :laugh:

I like it a little more too...It's got bulk without overly destroying the sleek lines of the Luger (something that massive bull barrel  and brace does on the A180) and it's more realistic that I could land a shot farther than ten feet with this one because, unlike Jyn, there are actual sights on this thing  :laugh:

EDIT: It's a shame I've only got the one holster on my belt, because I have a second navy-pattern base gun where the colors are swapped -- black frame and toggle, silver barrel.

Shurik Bhar'vani

UPDATE 3/16/17

RL has put most of this on hold for me for the last week or so, but i'll hopefully be able to start getting some work done on a commission for a fellow Merc. I'll update this post with pictures when I get home, and try to do a play-by-play of everything I do to the rifle so that if someone wants one like it in the future (or I make another, or someone *gasp* wants to flatter me by imitating it) i'll know what I'm doing.  :laugh:

EDIT: Pic dump incoming!

This is the base rifle being used for a commission work for a local Merc who's trying to make a Western-inspired kit. Ideally they wants something that's light enough to carry around but packs more range and firepower than blaster pistols. Therefore i'm working on making it streamlined, while still retaining that classic lever-action. Onto the first step!

As always with airsoft guns as bases, the first step is to render it completely inoperable. In the case of this rifle, that meant removing:

- Loading gate/internal magazine
- Inner barrel
- Entire gas reservoir, filling port, and release valve (really, the only thing needed to keep it from firing but i'm a thorough person)
- Elevator system

The lever action is still functioning, but the rifle can no longer retain gas/BBs or load either of the two required to fire.

Reassembled. The bottom magazine tube is where the gas reservoir was formerly located, the internal magazine is hidden by the foregrip but has likewise been removed.

Next step (starting sometime next week, as I'm busy the next three days) is: partial shroud over the barrel/foregrip (heat sink maybe?), cabling running from the former loading port into the shroud, some kind of emitter on the end, power pack of some kind, and if there's room a scope  :laugh: Shouldn't be too hard

EDIT: Oh, and something to stain that disgustingly bright wood furniture

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:21 PM by Shurik Bhar'vani » Logged

Barn

I really love the look of this.

Shurik Bhar'vani

Finally, a new update!  :laugh:

I would just like to take a moment and thank life, for running me over with a train this past month and preventing me from doing really anything I found joy in doing.

Anyways, on to the update!

Rifle is...95% finished? Or at least it is to the point where I would take it to a troop. never got around to staining the wood or adding a scope, but I still think it came out nice.

Judging from my list of builds in this thread, I seem to have a thing for the 1897 Winchester barrel-shroud look  :laugh: pity that was the last of the ported covers I had  :'(

Not a huge amount going on, but at the same time it lends an air of rugged simplicity to the rifle.

Next step; Finish that MSD-32 horror as soon as I can get some paint and more greeblies, then...not sure. Maybe make another blaster pistol out of something, or go for a second rifle. The sky's the limit really.

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2017, 01:53 PM by Shurik Bhar'vani » Logged

Shurik Bhar'vani

UPDATE 4/3/18: My, look at the time  :laugh:  :'( I really let it get away from me last year, but to be fair I work two jobs and had some...life issues come up about a week after my last post here.

Lost most of my blaster supplies, just kept the stuff I knew i'd need in the future. Lucky me, because it meant I was able to make a twin for my A180. It's *this* close to being finished. I just need a few more tiny greeblies for the frame to really make it pop. I'm far more satisfied with how it looks now after painting the barrel -- toying with the idea of sanding the heat sink on my original so it's a nice silver as well. What do you think?

A180, right side

A180, left side

Both pistols side by side -- the primary is the one that actually has sights, do you think it may look a little nicer with that heat sink sanded?

Same deal, other side. I think sanding it may take away from the first one, as the sink isn't as large due to the "coils" of wiring behind it.

More to come -- i promise this time  :laugh:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
No worries, vod. Real life has to come first.  REALLY like those A180's!! :o 8)

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Shurik Bhar'vani

No worries, vod. Real life has to come first.  REALLY like those A180's!! :o 8)

Thanks vod  ;D I'm pretty happy with how they're turning out.

Shurik Bhar'vani

Should probably update this with how those A180s look as of ten minutes ago  :laugh: New blasters have been on hold after moving and having to trash the majority of my components bin, if I ever find the time i'll start working on some new stuff with the intent of trying to sell what I make and don't want to keep for the personal armory  :8): I have enough stuff on-hand for a snubnose A180, a few handcannons, that (horrific but still relatively picture accurate) MSD-32, and a few more pistols or small carbines.

Enjoy!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Okay, now that I've picked my jaw up from the floor.... :o :o

Those look amazing!!  Airsoft mods, correct?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Shurik Bhar'vani

Yep, deactivated WE naval pattern (6”) Lugers.

I still have one left, I may make a snubnose A180 out of it at some point.

Shurik Bhar'vani

My my, its certainly been a while  :laugh:

I finally got the pocket blaster  to a state im satisfied with that seems appropriately swarzy.

No current plants to make more guns for my own kit, but I still have plenty of parts lying around so maybe ill make a few one-offs to sell. And I also have some more misc. pieces I need to build, including an illuminated vibroblade, so keep an eye on this in the coming months  :laugh:

Before:

And after: Proudly presenting, the Bhar'vani Industries PX-43 Disruptor pistol  :laugh:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!