Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mark II bucket, this time with Pepakura

• 29 Replies

The Bearded Mando

• Run if you must, but you will only die tired.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Mark II bucket, this time with Pepakura
« on: Feb 28, 2017, 10:28 PM »
So, after a minor helmet malfunction at a recent Con, I decided to move up the time table on building a new helmet. With so many Pep build to choose from, I decided not to choose.
For the main part of the bucket I went with the Mando Fett Ultimate Helm by Diaxus.
But I also liked the cheek/jaw line on the SWMC-AIR-LOW
And I also liked the Key slots on the SWJF-X
Still planning on adding the bull ring from my first helm as well as the side blade like Shae Visla.
Here's what I have so far
Started with a Dora the explorer bike helm, sadly the Dora skin cracked and had to be removed

Then I started building the back and ear caps. this allowed me to get the right size for the helm.
the first try was too small (I scaled the Helmet by height). the second try was just right ( I scaled the Helm by Width this time)

Always lay out your face pieces to make sure it's a face :)

Then build your face

Then I built the cheek/jaws from the air-low file scaled to the same width

then cut the pep attachments

then put them together with locktite and wishful thinking

next I will be adding padding and doing the dome accents.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Mark II bucket, this time with Pepakura
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2017, 10:34 PM »
It's looking good, nice work on the Pep.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

The Bearded Mando

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2017, 09:10 PM »
Thanks Vod. Had to make a temp repair to my current bucket to troop this weekend, then it's back to work on tbis one. Dome updates this weekend.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2017, 10:12 PM »
Following with interest

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2017, 01:31 AM »
Alway love a good Pep build!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2017, 07:29 PM »
Got a start on the dome accents done. tomorrow some bondo and sanding

once the dome is complete I can move onto attaching the pepakura parts and resining.

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2017, 02:46 AM »
Excited to see more of this.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2017, 08:54 PM »
not much of an update. decided to take a step back and re-evaluate the dome situation. finally decided that I had been putting in too move into the bike helmet to make it work for the pep. scrapped the old dome and made a new one from the pep file. 8 more bits and i can put it all together.

I would have it done, except .... this came in the mail and I had to at least get it on.

gotta get more thread so I can get these on too.

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Nearing completion on the pep contruction. Just a few adjustments left to make.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2017, 11:33 PM »
You know that particular helmet is Crusader only right.

QMU#084

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2017, 07:07 AM »
Ya, i knida saw that after i was mostly done. What needs to be tweaked to bring it to modern. The parts on the cheeks i had plan to make into re-breathers for my desert kit. I have small O2 tanks planned for my backpack that they would connect to. I plan to add key slots on that back.

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2017, 01:51 AM »
Least you got the brow plate on it. I know that was a big little detail I needed for a custom bucket. Wish I had your skills for Pepekura.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2017, 01:02 PM »
First pep build. Re-design this weekend. It was kinda easy. Take your time. Use a straight edge for cutting and scoring. I used lock-tite gel super glue. Cut and joined only a few parts at a time. Tooks lots of breaks.

Bowfanny

« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2017, 01:14 PM »
Silhouette Cameo with the cameo Pepakura program would make all the work so much faster and easier for stuff.
As to your question; The visor area would need modified to bring it more into modern specs as it's too wide in the horizontal area and starts too low(basically raise the visor up halfway into the current brow area and narrow the horizontal a bit. Change out the earcaps and adjust the cheeks and mandibles to fit the adjusted visor. The visor can have the night owl look to it but needs to be brought up so it's not so short. Those would be areas I'd start with. But I'm partial to a Vizsla myself!

QMU#084

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Thanks Bowfanny, I will look into that program this weekend.

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2017, 10:46 AM »
went with the mando fett ridged helm.

now to add the keyslots, tweek the mandibles a bit, and add the side fin.

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2017, 08:05 PM »
Resin applied. gonna let it cure for the rest of the weekend, then rondo on monday. starting on the side fin antenna tomorrow

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Hooray for rondo. Inside is coated, staring the sanding and filling this weekend.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2017, 06:11 PM »
It's looking good. I really like that helmet design.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Bowfanny

« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2017, 09:06 PM »
Hooray for rondo. Inside is coated, staring the sanding and filling this weekend.

Dont drop it or let it get near fire.

QMU#084

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2017, 10:21 PM »
Cant tell if that was funny or advice. Should I be concerned?

Bowfanny

« Reply #21 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:01 PM »
It's both. One of my buddies dropped a rondo helmet and it shattered. It wasn't reinforced either so it got destroyed. He then tested to see if it was flammable. They burn real hot and for a long while.

QMU#084

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:05 PM »
It's both. One of my buddies dropped a rondo helmet and it shattered. It wasn't reinforced either so it got destroyed. He then tested to see if it was flammable. They burn real hot and for a long while.

I don't know about you, Skekkesh, but this has filled me with all sorts of confidence. The bucket is looking amazing though, super clean finish inside, despite being unsanded still.

MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #23 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:36 PM »
Ok, new plan, reinforce with fiberglass cloth, and stay away from flamethrowers.

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #24 on: Apr 10, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Had some issue with the face. Would have taken too much work to balance it out. So I cut the face off and crafted a new one. I like this one better anyway.
Fresh new face, and fresh new coat of resin.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!