Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gatorlorian's WIP (already OM. Repaint/Beast tamer in process)

• 18 Replies

Gatorlorian

• Loyalty above all else. #OhLookAProject
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Got my OM status (WooHoo!!). Now on to my secondary goal. A reptilian beast tamer.

Primary weapon

My new codpiece. Almost finished. Just Need to add attachment straps.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2018, 03:40 PM by Gatorlorian » Logged

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: BikerFett's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2017, 11:02 PM »
Looking forward to having you over for the armor party on Friday!

and don't feel too bad about the photobucket thing.  It hates me.  The program flipping hates me.  That said, getting the pics upon the threads can be really helpful. . . so keep at it! 

Maybe one of our tech savvy fellow mercs can help (both of us) figure out a better way to manage photobucket uploads for better success.  :)

My WIP - female armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=25453

My Ursa Wren build http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=128908.0

501st - Legacy Stormtrooper  
Rebel Legion & 501st - Jawa

EMTS #153
Brigade- Special Ops: Assassin

Gatorlorian

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2017, 01:28 AM »
@ Nia Kad Runi
Yes. I'm definitely looking forward to the party. I've just been informed my chest armor won't make the cut so to speak since it isn't close enough to current era style and my gaunt idea won't pass either. so, onto the scrap pile everything went and back to the drawing board we go.
One step forward, two back it seems.

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2017, 10:28 AM »

Hmmmmmm. . . 

So, if we're pushing pause to get re-oriented here.  May I ask a concept question?

Given your concept- and the things that you want to do, would doing an early era mando better suit the things that make your heart sing?

http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-requirements/

I want you to be a happy bad@$$, that has a costume people identify as Star Warzy. . .  we should be able to find a way to make that happen.  We just might need to change the parameters a little. 

If we have to, we can turn Friday into concept idea discussion.  Bring your computer so we can reference CRLs and find sample approved costume pics.  Some of my favorite references come from the approved costume gallery.   . . seeing what's been done (and approved) is a huge help.

Don't give up. We gotta get you OM so you can parade and invade and have all the fun!   :) 

My WIP - female armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=25453

My Ursa Wren build http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=128908.0

501st - Legacy Stormtrooper  
Rebel Legion & 501st - Jawa

EMTS #153
Brigade- Special Ops: Assassin

Gatorlorian

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2017, 09:12 PM »

@ Nia Kad Runi

I'll just set all my bone and skull stuff aside. Maybe early will be a future project in a couple years. As for this one, I don't know. I'm definitely gonna take a few steps back and rethink my original design and make some choices as to it's future.

Gatorlorian

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
Re: Gatorlorian's WIP
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Wow Vod. I LOVE the look of the reptile/ snake-skin pattern for your plates. It might not pass App approval for Modern Era, but with modifications, I can see this being a phenomenal early era kit!

It could also be a fun "unofficial" kit to have for special occasions too.

~Kaylin

Mirdala Kyr’am
Alor'ad- Vhetin'Ade Clan; June 2022- Present
Ruus'alor Solyc- Vhetin'Ade Clan; 2017- 2022
App Team Q&A
Ruus'sol for Western Region- USA
OM #1899

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2017, 02:40 AM »
I love that idea and pattern.

Could you please give more information how does the modern era requirement affect the pattern material? We put carbonfibers. There is a costume painted with scale-like modern patterns at some areas, so I'm getting a bit confused myself.

The cod indeed looks like out of the era, but I have difficulties with seeing that picture (it's distorted ).

Anyway, I'll be following with interest.

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Gatorlorian

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Wow Vod. I LOVE the look of the reptile/ snake-skin pattern for your plates. It might not pass App approval for Modern Era, but with modifications, I can see this being a phenomenal early era kit!

It could also be a fun "unofficial" kit to have for special occasions too.

~Kaylin

It's already approved. I'm in process of upgrading my Codpiece and shoulder.

I love that idea and pattern.

Could you please give more information how does the modern era requirement affect the pattern material? We put carbonfibers. There is a costume painted with scale-like modern patterns at some areas, so I'm getting a bit confused myself.

The cod indeed looks like out of the era, but I have difficulties with seeing that picture (it's distorted ).

Anyway, I'll be following with interest.

The whole kit is meant to look scaled, not carbon fiber. The Endgame is Reptilian Beast Tamer.
The cod is required by brigade, so I figured I'd make one that fits my character, hence the skull. I'm working on an alligator hide bite gauntlet as well, which I'll get pics up eventually.

« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2017, 11:24 AM by Drek'ar Ventress » Logged

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2017, 10:24 AM »
It's already approved. I'm in process of upgrading my Codpiece and shoulder.

Really?

*screams internally*

Now I'm starting to get ideas for my next kit!
Like I said, I love the snake-skin/ croc skin pattern on your plates, and I noticed you carried it over to your kama too. Did you go Beastmaster with this?

~Kaylin

Edited: Ah! Yes. Kaylin my dear, you need to scroll down further to see answers to your questions.

I still think this kit is amazing.

Mirdala Kyr’am
Alor'ad- Vhetin'Ade Clan; June 2022- Present
Ruus'alor Solyc- Vhetin'Ade Clan; 2017- 2022
App Team Q&A
Ruus'sol for Western Region- USA
OM #1899

Gatorlorian

« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2017, 10:27 AM »
Really?

*screams internally*

Now I'm starting to get ideas for my next kit!
Like I said, I love the snake-skin/ croc skin pattern on your plates, and I noticed you carried it over to your kama too. Did you go Beastmaster with this?

~Kaylin

Thank you. I'm In process actually. Going for Beast Tamer within that brigade set. I've got some more alligator hide ordered for my next upgrades. I'm making my bite gauntlet with it.

Og' Reh

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:28 AM »
The whole kit is meant to look scaled, not carbon fiber. The Endgame is Reptilian Beast Tamer.

We got confused Vod. :)
Judging by the discussion, I thought you had trouble with getting official. So in your favour I've thrown in few examples of materials that are accepted, and as such yours should be as well.

I'm really happy it's working for you, and the kit is outstanding! I'd love to see further upgrades. Good luck!

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Like... BOTH of them?

Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Gatorlorian

« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:38 AM »
We got confused Vod. :)
Judging by the discussion, I thought you had trouble with getting official. So in your favour I've thrown in few examples of materials that are accepted, and as such yours should be as well.

I'm really happy it's working for you, and the kit is outstanding! I'd love to see further upgrades. Good luck!

Oh. Ok. Yeah. Didn't understand apparantly.
Yes, I did have a bunch of problems getting approved. I think it took around five or six sets of emails, but thanks largely to my clan, we got me approved.

Og' Reh

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:58 AM »
[...]but thanks largely to my clan, we got me approved.

Well - there's nothing a bunch of determined Vode can't achieve! ;)

- Like... BOTH of them?

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Sep 12, 2017, 12:41 PM »
Well - there's nothing a bunch of determined Vode can't achieve! ;)
That and actually talking to the members of the app team and working with the Regional Ruus'Sol

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Gatorlorian

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 10:28 PM »
Since I wasn't completely happy with my current paint job (details too hard to read at a distance, also it was obvious how it was done) I decided to make a paint scheme that is both easily recognized, and makes me happy. Here is the finished bucket so far. I'll get the rest of the armor up as I finish it.

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2018, 04:13 PM by Gatorlorian » Logged

Gatorlorian

« Reply #16 on: Jun 17, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Got the chest and shoulders done. Now on to the rest.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2018, 08:02 PM by Gatorlorian » Logged

ShadowRex

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Gatorlorian's WIP (already OM. Repaint/Beast tamer in process)
« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Be cautious of making it too 'GATOR' patterned  :porg2:

Currently its at the line

Gatorlorian

Re: Gatorlorian's WIP (already OM. Repaint/Beast tamer in process)
« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2018, 08:11 PM »
Be cautious of making it too 'GATOR' patterned  :porg2:

Currently its at the line

There will be much more green added on the rest of the plating. The underbelly of the majority of Reptilian species is a white to off white color. That's the reasoning for this color palette.
There are a bunch of Reptilian species I've been exploring for inspiration such as the Tiss'shar, and the Ssi-Ruuk. Both are bipod saurian species.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!