Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kalib's verpine blaster rifle WIP

• 1 Replies

Kalib Vallogo

• Never get between a Mandalorian and a weapons pack
Kalib's verpine blaster rifle WIP
« on: Mar 12, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Just turning a little away from the Nerf guns and decided to use wood and follow a simple wood rifle build with hand tools and a drill. I started with a 2x6 and hand drawn pattern.

To help with the curves of the weapon I used a large drill bit used to cut out holes in doors for door knobs.

Then used the ol' jig saw

Here are some PVC pipe, old flash light, 1/4" plywood and other hardware

I used the 1/4" plywood and 3/4" wood block to raise the top and sides to the with width of the pvc pipe. Cut pvc to desired length and screwed to wood stock.

took a fire sprinkler cover and the old flash light. Removed the guts out and glued together with a pvc splitter in the middle. Drilled through top of flash light onto a 1x6 wood block.

pre-drill holes and glued wood dowels into wood stock to create scope.

took internal flash light part to funnel barrel nozzle and add red l.e.d. light to flash out of it later. added some plastic stock parts instead of cutting more wood.

medical equipment parts for ventilator and more sprinkler clamps.

old tube radio parts too.

Primer and glazing putty.

wet sand and dry. Start silver paint layer. Seems over kill with paint but it did seal up wood knots and cracks well.

Back paint and Vaseline.(sounds like a punk rock song)

wipe clean and start a little weathering.

Added rubber to the grip & trigger. Took clothe and spray glued to stock. Added misc. small parts. Put soap with green food coloring into capsule to CO2 tube.

a little phone cord,knobs,red cap and a wagon handle and done . For now.

I'll add lights to it soon.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Kalib's verpine blaster rifle WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2017, 11:59 AM »
That is a beastly looking Verp!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!