Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early crusaider wip

• 4 Replies

Jair Kelborn

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Early crusaider wip
« on: Mar 14, 2017, 09:15 AM »
Ok, it's time to do that. I started that armor long ago, here's a bit of process and what i have now.

So let's start with the chest plate.

Vest and flight suit (should reconsider velcros here)

Belt and pouches. I need some feedback here, not shure about them.

Mask (Clamping and little thing for nose not to be stuck to the visor)

Weapon

And whole look here

Now i need to cover knees at least.

MMCC OM #1018
Red Fist Clan. Moscow

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Early crusaider wip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2017, 09:48 AM »
So the chest diamond even as a negative space is an issue, they are iconically modern and aren't something that should be a part of an early crusader kit. So you will need to close up that gap.

What is your vest made out of because it looks like it is made from t-shirt type material which is also an issue.

Additional if you are going to go the mask route, you need a cowl not a hood. I would suggest attaching the edges of the hood you have to the mask so you get the nice cowl look that is seen with masked early crusader reference material.

As for the pouches the three ammo pouches are a bit to "modern" for an EC kit, I would suggest using a couple pouches similar to the fourth pouch you have on that belt, also early crusader kits generally have little to no pouches so you have a fair bit of wiggle room there as well.

Other than those things, the kit is coming together nicely, I like the sort of bone/shell look of your chest plate, and shins it is an interesting way to get that organic look, weapon looks good and the mask itself is solid. I would suggest weathering up your soft goods, as early crusader kits are generally speaking pretty rough and tumble

Anyway keep up the good work  :D

Jair Kelborn

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Wow, thanks, very informative!
Vest is made of dense jersey like tissue.
So the chest diamond even as a negative space is an issue, they are iconically modern and aren't something that should be a part of an early crusader kit. So you will need to close up that gap.

What is your vest made out of because it looks like it is made from t-shirt type material which is also an issue.

Additional if you are going to go the mask route, you need a cowl not a hood. I would suggest attaching the edges of the hood you have to the mask so you get the nice cowl look that is seen with masked early crusader reference material.

As for the pouches the three ammo pouches are a bit to "modern" for an EC kit, I would suggest using a couple pouches similar to the fourth pouch you have on that belt, also early crusader kits generally have little to no pouches so you have a fair bit of wiggle room there as well.

Other than those things, the kit is coming together nicely, I like the sort of bone/shell look of your chest plate, and shins it is an interesting way to get that organic look, weapon looks good and the mask itself is solid. I would suggest weathering up your soft goods, as early crusader kits are generally speaking pretty rough and tumble

Anyway keep up the good work  :D

MMCC OM #1018
Red Fist Clan. Moscow

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2017, 12:39 AM »
I am in love with your plates!

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Jair Kelborn

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2022, 06:54 PM »
So...

I've decided to return to this project. It's not a complete remake, but close to it.
Here's where i am now.
Still unfinished and lots to do, but it's closer to what i really want from this kit.

Team up!

MMCC OM #1018
Red Fist Clan. Moscow

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!