Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Maag Skirata

• 18 Replies
Re: Maag Skirata
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2017, 06:11 PM »
I dig the kit, it's looking good. If those leg pouches are original they're Korean war era grenade pouches. (in High School I curated at a military history museum in San Diego) I've wanted to use them myself but I have a hard time re-purposing old web gear because of aforementioned museum experience. ;) 

Maag Skirata

• Formerly 'moak_skirata'
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Very cool! Your kit looks very practical.

Thanks! I'm wanting to get into the Forest Ops under the Environmental Assault Brigade. My being in the Army played a big role on the design of my kit.
Maag Skirata
Merc #1734
Cabur Akaata #103

Maag Skirata

• Formerly 'moak_skirata'
« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:51 PM »
I dig the kit, it's looking good. If those leg pouches are original they're Korean war era grenade pouches. (in High School I curated at a military history museum in San Diego) I've wanted to use them myself but I have a hard time re-purposing old web gear because of aforementioned museum experience. ;)

Thanks for the info on the pouches man!!! Now I can fill others in on what they are. I understand your reasoning on re-purposing old treasures. Like Indiana Jones once said, "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!!!" Buuuuuut that's what many Star Wars costumes/props are. Old re-purposed military gear! Glad you like it vod ;)
Maag Skirata
Merc #1734
Cabur Akaata #103

« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:11 PM »
Thanks for the info on the pouches man!!! Now I can fill others in on what they are. I understand your reasoning on re-purposing old treasures. Like Indiana Jones once said, "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!!!" Buuuuuut that's what many Star Wars costumes/props are. Old re-purposed military gear! Glad you like it vod ;)

To be honest, I'm surprised you found them in a surplus store, let alone a pair of them. Part of me suspects they are reproductions or foreign knock-offs. Either way they look great with your kit! Up until recently our local Fleet Farm carried surplus from random European countries and that was a great source for soft parts/pouches. It's where most of mine came from. You are very correct about Star Wars costumes being piecemeal from surplus stores. If you can find it, use it.  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!