Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gauntlets for Rann Novon (WiP)

• 5 Replies

NiteWolf

• Rann Novon Cat#-2088
Gauntlets for Rann Novon (WiP)
« on: Apr 09, 2017, 02:14 AM »
So using Kuu's tutorial I built my base gauntlets today.

Started with this:

Then started doing this:

Then they ended up like this:

Then I added the latch:

I'm probably going to pull the latches off and find better one or find a different solution to keep them closed.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc - 2020
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor - 2021
Re: Gauntlets for Rann Novon (WiP)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Great tutorial, quick question... when you cut the piano hinge, what keeps the pin from popping out? do you bend it or is there another solution?

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2017, 01:05 PM »
Great tutorial, quick question... when you cut the piano hinge, what keeps the pin from popping out? do you bend it or is there another solution?

I didn't have any issue with my pin popping out - but at least one of my clanmates uses the pin as a closure, by bending the end over a bit.  I've covered mine with a bit of gaffer tape, or you could add some hot glue at each end to keep it in place.

MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

NiteWolf

• Rann Novon Cat#-2088
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2017, 01:31 PM »
Friction holds the pin in the hinge. But also sense I cut the hinge with a cut off wheel in my dremal it may have kind of welded it in place on the ends.

Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc - 2020
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor - 2021
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2017, 12:33 AM »
Got it, well i went out to Home Depot today and got me a couple along with the pvc pipe so going to tackle that this week.

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2017, 12:34 AM »
The gauntlet Kuu-torial is what I used for mine.  The hinge pin hasn't so much as budged since I assembled them last summer.  I also used a small piece of piano hinge for the closures, and that pin I did bend over at one end, and have the entire pin a slight curve to keep it from falling out due to gravity when my arm is in a certain position. 

The rare earth magnet closure set up will be utilized on kit #2, though.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!