Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

crushgaunt?

• 5 Replies

Lord_Starkiller

• If at first you don't succeed, reload.
crushgaunt?
« on: Apr 17, 2017, 03:18 PM »
i was wondering if these would be a good idea to use for crushgaunts, as looking around these are the only ones that look similar that are within price range. https://www.etsy.com/listing/162400174/bruiser-glove?ref=shop_home_active_18
If you can't see me, you are in trouble.

Re: crushgaunt?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2017, 03:33 PM »
i recall seeing something similar used in a street fighter cammy white killer doll cosplay and they looked great

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Those look like a great base for crush gauntlets, but I'd push for full fingers if I were on the app team.  Most of the gripping/crushing power would come from enhanced fingers.
K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2017, 04:29 PM »
they're nice but... i think they look a bit too steam punk. maybe someone better qualified could chime in.

Lord_Starkiller

• If at first you don't succeed, reload.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2017, 10:00 AM »
the main piece is separate from the buckles, i have gloves that does the full fingers; and its only used for my left hand.
If you can't see me, you are in trouble.

Hik'aari Kelborn

• Formerly 'NipNip'
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2017, 10:28 AM »
I would say that the gloves in the original are not "In-Universe" enough to be approved anyway. With Crushgaunts you are going to want to use full gloves too. I did look at making a pair originally but went off into another direction.

These are the sorts of references you want to be looking at when thinking about designs for them
  |  Hik'aari WIP  |  Akii'su WIP  |  Cat #1319 |
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!