Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Approvable Antenna Design

• 1 Replies

GantuVall

• 501st Legion and Rebel Legion Member
Question - Approvable Antenna Design
« on: Apr 24, 2017, 01:19 AM »
I have a question about:

Hello! I've been working on my helmet for quite some time and have designed a compact antenna to complete my earpiece on the helmet. The plan is to paint the base and the mast of the antenna in my bare metal color, and then finish the sensor package on top of the antenna in my light sand color. I very much like the slim,compact design of this antenna and feel it completes the earpiece nicely. The design of the antenna I based on the McQuarrie Prototype helmet, and then I shrunk it down to act more as an antenna for the helmet. I like how merc Rotger Kryze finished his earpiece on his helmet as well. I didn't want to have a Fett style earpiece/rangefinder as I always felt it got in the way and was something easy to break, not to mention a little more difficult to transport. I've 3D Printed my prototype earpiece, but intend the final design to have thin wire channels and a screen at the front of the antenna hiding a red LED inside. Thank you all for your time and consideration!

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Question - Approvable Antenna Design - REVISED
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2017, 11:37 AM »
After reviewing the design with the CRL team, it has been decided that while your design does make strides towards solving the issue of a missing ear cap cover, there does still need to be some sort of cap to cover the swivel point of the RF stalk.  Since this is a very small RF, this cap does not need to be a full cover.  In this case, we suggest something similar to the adjustment knob of a scope, or something similar to Sabine's ear cap.  I've included reference pictures below. 

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:33 AM by Raestin Ke'Varek » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!