Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Last of the ProtoFetts... (WIP)

• 2 Replies

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
The Last of the ProtoFetts... (WIP)
« on: Jun 28, 2016, 03:27 PM »
I bought my helmet from the Mandalorian Arsenal right around Mother's Day (special sale, free gaunts, woot). Come delivery time, it turns out the Arsenal's not going to be making them any more. Lucky me and my big glasses! Not so lucky that there's no sort of instructions on the site. So I've got a big chunk of fiberglass (admittedly a well-fitting chunk), some ears, a keyslot, and some other parts I can't identify.

I don't have a dremel (yet) but I'm hoping to borrow one at an armor party soon-ish. If my clan will ever get around to telling me when the next one is. I don't have glue, but I do have Bondo. Not sure yet if I'm going to smooth out the faint lumps and bumps, or if they give the thing character. I'll put up pictures in the next few days, once I get my hands on a camera.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2016, 03:45 PM by Bel Tay'haai » Logged

Ref Al'drann

• Rohlan Dyre
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: The Last of the ProtoFetts... (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Not sure yet if I'm going to smooth out the faint lumps and bumps, or if they give the thing character.

Definitely fix any imperfections. That sort of "character" tends to look like sloppy work. When your costume is being viewed in person, up close, you want to make sure it's looking its absolute best.

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
Re: The Last of the ProtoFetts... (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2016, 06:47 PM »
Definitely fix any imperfections. That sort of "character" tends to look like sloppy work. When your costume is being viewed in person, up close, you want to make sure it's looking its absolute best.

Will do! Thanks for the heads-up.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!