Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

HELMET SIZING AND BUYING TUTORIAL. Please read before asking all the answered Qs

• 352 Replies
I am looking to start my own character and trying to figure out helmet size. Reading through what I could I believe a 1:1 helmet would fit me. I don't have my measurements but hat size wise I wear a large / extra large. Any suggestions on if I should do a 1:1 style helmet or look for something slightly larger. Height wise I am around 5'10 and about 225 pounds so average size and slightly larger frame.
There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGUNGIGATOR
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
I am looking to start my own character and trying to figure out helmet size. Reading through what I could I believe a 1:1 helmet would fit me. I don't have my measurements but hat size wise I wear a large / extra large. Any suggestions on if I should do a 1:1 style helmet or look for something slightly larger. Height wise I am around 5'10 and about 225 pounds so average size and slightly larger frame.
A simple hat size like large doesn't give us any information. If it was a size 8 or 8-3/16 that would be more helpful because that's roughly the diameter of a persons noggin.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
Dog lobster supporter #38
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120
Kilted Mando Brigade Member #24

Ok I will try and see if I can get some measurements done soon
There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Kyram Sorenn

• Wampa Clan, Maine
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Would anyone happen to know the sizing difference between a Tomvader Juggernaut and a 1:1 boba? I'm trying to look into a new helmet, but I'm not sure what might fit me or not.
Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

Bowfanny

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Would anyone happen to know the sizing difference between a Tomvader Juggernaut and a 1:1 boba? I'm trying to look into a new helmet, but I'm not sure what might fit me or not.
The juggernaut is bigger.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

Kyram Sorenn

• Wampa Clan, Maine
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
 :( dang
I was hoping they wouldn't be much different. I've had a skirata arms "foxxtechj intimidator" and it squashes my nose. I'm looking for a Boba style buckect that would fit.
Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

Bowfanny

I think there's a larger boba style helmet out there on the market, either Tom Vader, or even One of the other makers I'm thinking their initials are KV or something.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

Just a quick question about shoulder width. How do you guys measure? across the back?

thanks

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!