Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

HELMET SIZING AND BUYING TUTORIAL. Please read before asking all the answered Qs

• 354 Replies

Kodiak

• Kelborn Mereel, Kodiak Darling
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
(this might end up as a double post, if it does I'm sorry. Something weird is goin on...)

Greetings vode. I've been reading over this thread and several others, and I just can't place my finger on the proper scale I should go for. This is a picture of me in my very early stages WIP, with my Don Post 96 helmet. I think it is just slightly too large for my body.

I'll be buying a new one, would I fit best with a Jango 2-piece sized helmet, or sticking with a DP sized helmet? I think a 1:1 would be much too large for my frame. I'm 5'8", 150 lbs.

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 05:43 PM by Kodiak » Logged

Mafio

Well  I've got myself  an  Fettpride  Helmet 

Well  it might be a unnessesary  amount  of Money  spent  for  a custom-Mandalorian   because  teh FP  is  aimed to the Boba-People out there...  but it is actualy  a good helmet.    There might be lesser space for individualisation  but... bleh.  ;D

Its realy quick to assamble and dont need  any big  workarounds,,,

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4576/werkstaat.jpg

I guess i got the only one if its kind  without a Dent.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
kodiak: the helmet looks perfect. any smaller could be too small any larger could look silly.

jaro: fp helmet's are wonderful creatures aren't they? looks like you bought the deluxe too ot the bidget version. as far as straight out of the box ready to roll lookig perfect, i don't think there's a helmet that can compare. i love that he finishes the interiors as wll!

Mafio

finished interiors?    :o what bucket do you have?    ;D

you mean the back  with  the  chipplates?

got a premium btw

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
by finished, i mean how the interior is smooth as glass. not a rough interior like most helmets.

Kodiak

• Kelborn Mereel, Kodiak Darling
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Thanks again for helping me judge the bucket proportion. Now I'm looking into a DSB-merc medium sized helmet, if my research is right that's approximately DP96 sized.

Hondo Karr

yup, that's about right. either that helmet or asok's cold cast jango would be about the same size and cost. both would be great helmet's for you if you wanted to switch from vinyl to resin helmet.

Mafio

Ah jeah, now I know what you mean...     Well  the inner is a bit structural... but  you wont cut yourself  ;D

The Rubies 1 piece boba is not accepted. 

About this. What does a rubies Boba look like exactly? I have a Boba helmet, but I've had it for a few years so I don't really know anything about it and I was just wondering if the rubies is what I had or not...

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya.

That's a rubies Boba Fett 1 piece

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Hnn they do kinda look alike. I'm guessing this is one meaning I'm gonna have to find a new helmet/way to make one!

Yeah, that's the banned helmet. Honestly, it's way over priced, low quality, etc... It's just the best move for the Club to not allow it.

I would suggest take some pics of it on you... Post them up here or in a thread so we can help find you what you'll likely need (if you have armor and soft goods, so much the better, throw those on). If that 1 piece BF works, then a rubies two piece jango should, and they're only $40... They take some work to get into nice shape, but it can be done!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Mafio

That's a rubies Boba Fett 1 piece

Man    this looks  either bad  or shebs      but never those two combined.

Yeah, that's the banned helmet. Honestly, it's way over priced, low quality, etc... It's just the best move for the Club to not allow it.

I would suggest take some pics of it on you... Post them up here or in a thread so we can help find you what you'll likely need (if you have armor and soft goods, so much the better, throw those on). If that 1 piece BF works, then a rubies two piece jango should, and they're only $40... They take some work to get into nice shape, but it can be done!

I'll go ahead and post a thread with pictures of me wearing it and see what kind of response I get ^^

I'm not quite in the market to start my armor yet (just moved into my first house and there are a LOT of unexpected expenses popping up), but I'd like to get a heads up for what size helmet to get. I'm a skinny guy, 6 foot tall and 150 lbs. I was going to try to scratchbuild, but I've never tried anything like that before, and I'd rather not get a crappy looking bucket. I figure I'd rather buy an MDSB right away and not waste the money on scratchbuild materials . However, I'm afraid that an M-DSB would look huge on my small frame, but due to my height a Rubies 2 peice Jango might be to short? Anybody have experience with a similar frame? Thanks!

Hondo Karr

How old are you? If youre young, a larger helmet can be grown into. I see youre in PA. Maybe try hooking up with the PA Mercs to try on helmets.

Keep in mind as well, Jeremy Bulloch, the original Mandalorian, wore a 1:1 helmet. He was 6'02" and about 165 at the time of ESB. His look is the standard for fit.

I would guess an MDSB would be alright but, when it doubt, try it out!

Yeah, M-DSB has several sizes, and can cover most builds, so you're good there... But try some on first to get an idea, just in case. Nothings set in stone or such for getting the right sizes.. My first helmet and set of armor, mathematically, should have fit and been sized right, but they weren't. So always try it on yourself!

Beviin Atin Eparavu

• Barrel Eparavu. Disgruntled clone and general jerk
If youre ever swinging through McKean county I'll let ye try on my assassin :D

Daddy will always love his little girl. I miss you, Jenny.
I didn't realize the M-DSB's came in sizes. I'll have to look into it once some more funds come in. (and I'm 25 by the way, haven't grown any in 9 or so years, so this'll be my max height)

Yup, most M-DSB products come in 2 sizes, with the Merc (standard Fett that can have a boba dent added) having small, medium/large, and XL. The assassin has a 'small' and an XL as well.

I think a medium size bucket is your best bet with what i've heard

Excellent, thanks for all the help guys!

Hey, I went through almost 3 helmets (only have 1) and kept only 1 when all was said and done. So I'd HATE to see someone have the same buy, re-sell because it didn't fit, etc..

Seeker

• Shoot first and ask questions later.
It's hard to find a good fitting helmet.

What type and what size helmet should I get? I don't think I have a big head but I just would like to know where and what type I should get. Also I am operating with a budget so I can't spend much. Thanks vode!

Beviin Atin Eparavu

• Barrel Eparavu. Disgruntled clone and general jerk
Cheapest option for the average head is the ubiquitous 2-piece jango.

Daddy will always love his little girl. I miss you, Jenny.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!