Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Yogis Mandalorian Protector

• 57 Replies

Yogi

Yogis Mandalorian Protector
« on: May 01, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Well my v1 kit is so close to a Mandalorian protector, I decided to go ahead and start my MP v2 kit while Im working on fixing some things to get approval for my V1.

Here is my v1 kit

and here is the helmet for my MP that Im close to finishing up.

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Ca'tal

• SCYK CLAN
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Yogis Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 11:08 AM »
Jaig eyes AND kill stripes...

LOL. Seriously though, looks good.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 09:51 PM »
Yassssssssss

How close are you to OM approval, vod?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 65 Official Invasions
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Looks cool vod

Yogi

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2017, 03:07 PM »
Yassssssssss

How close are you to OM approval, vod?

Sorry for the delayed response, but life happened. My grandma died on May 4th and then my 2nd son was born on may 16th, so its been a crazy month.

Well My first app got kicked back for some minor things like spacing, not standing up straight, elastic not quite dyed the same color as my suit, and flak vest needing to be better tailored. I was trying to slim down before I got my vest fixed, which is sort of slowing progress  :-[

I did manage to make an EE3 style carbine for my protector and I started work on new plates today. I also added an aluminum Range finder and 3d printed Steel borden connector for helmet

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2017, 03:27 PM »
That looks great!

Keep it up!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI 65041

Ca'tal

• SCYK CLAN
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2017, 10:03 AM »
Approval question, when they kicked your app back did they not ding you for the Boba dent? No pun intended, though it is funny.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Yogi

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Approval question, when they kicked your app back did they not ding you for the Boba dent? No pun intended, though it is funny.

I don't have a boba dent on my helmet. I filled in the dent

What you are looking at is a surface rusted spot, I was going for how the top of old trucks start to look after years in the sun and the rain

Besides the helmet I applied with is this one in the center

I just happen to have a bunch of helmets with similar color schemes :P

I got a lot of work done this weekend, chest plates painted

Got the Protector Symbol painted on the shoulder bell

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2017, 09:56 AM by Yogi » Logged
MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Mi'ix

« Reply #8 on: Jun 21, 2017, 09:53 PM »
This is looking great, Yogi.

Loving the rust.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI 65041

Yogi

« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2017, 12:28 PM »
Small update, I haven't done much as I'm saving my pennies for Dragon Con later this month!

I replaced the crappy stock Rubies Rangefinder with a 3D printed Jodo Kast one from Shapeways. Once I get the light kit in there the white piece on top will glow. I became an official member with my main kit, so I add my clan sigil and some additional metallic weathering. I add the pre-pro Crow to the other shoulder bell.

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Yogi

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Its been a while but I finally got to work back on my kit this weekend. I created a cod and finally got a round to painting this blaster I bought months ago

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2017, 04:44 AM »
Looks good, nice paint job too. I should dig mine out and get going on it

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2017, 10:25 AM »
Looks really good!! How much closer are you to getting done? We need more approved MP's!!!
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Yogi

« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Looks really good!! How much closer are you to getting done? We need more approved MP's!!!
Lynn

Im gonna get there, I promise. I became Ruusalor so now Im busy helping other people build and finish their kits. Im also in the process of slimming down so Im waiting to order new soft parts, upgrade my boots, and get a new vest. Im currently building a MP compliant Jetpack which I do have questions about so maybe someone can help me.

I know a canon jetpack is required, but can it be modified or does have to be exactly like its depicted? For example Im building a Z6, but can it have say switches and lights that aren't present on Boba's or Jangos? Can I use a different rocket ( Maybe Jodo's or one from a JT12?) Instead of the side mounted thrusters could I use the bottom mounted Jt12 thrusters. Basically I want to know is it cool as long as you can tell it started out as a z6, but had a few modifications along the way, as much of star wars weapons, ships and props seem to have?

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Cool, keep it up soldier!!
As far as the JP, I'm not one who can make any "official" decisions.
Here is the BRL on Jet Pack's.
"Accessories
    Jetpack: Required, may be either of canon design (Boba, Jango or TCW hybrid style) or modified Marvel Comics version (side mounted rocket).  May be Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary colors."

It say's "canon design", not exact design, with no other info on regarding details, so that gives a little leeway to mix things up within reason.

When I got my JP in 2015 MOW was no longer making the classic Boba Fett jet packs at that time, he was only doing the Jango Fett version. I don't like the Jango version so I asked him to make me hybrid between the two.
He gave me a Jango Fett fuselage with Boba Fett classic pack details. The Jango fuselage had two raised strips on the top of the rocket base and it had holes in the bottom for the thrusters.

I added the piano keys near the top as I liked that detail on Boba's pack, I plugged the thruster holes with metal plates and I left the raised strips on top as I liked the look.

I always loved the look of the greeblies on the bottom of the Pre Pro pack that are not on the movie packs and I wanted to incorporate something along the lines on my pack. So here is my take on it.

Here is my take on the top details.  Shapeways supplied the light beacon and the other resin greeblie on the top and I made up the other.

My bottom belt is  a '65 Mustang seat belt and buckle as we are restoring a '65 Mustang and I love the look and it is similar looking to the divers buckle used on the classic pack.

My final paint detailing and decals are ROTJ based,  and my rocket color is based on the comic version and I wanted to have homage to that.

All that being said, I would say to stay within the canon styles of Jet Pack's, mix it up a bit to make it your own within reason as there were 212 Mandalorians after all and I'm pretty sure none were the same.

I'm sure a Jodo Kast style rocket would be OK as well as other details within reason.
I'm also pretty sure a Jango Fett Arena version, with rocket cone and bottom thrusters, will be OK as well, as BRL's say Jango Fett pack, it doesn't specify which one, Kamino or Arena version.
Just don't add stuff that would look out of place in the Star Wars universe or look dumb in general.
Most of all, have fun and be creative.
HTH,
Lynn

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2017, 01:06 PM by Lynn TXP 0369 » Logged
Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!