Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

[VIC Mission - 1/07/2017 to 2/07/2017] Oz Comic Con, Melbourne

• 9 Replies

Jaegun Clark

• Solus aka: parjir.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions

Big Melbourne Convention Number 2: Oz Comic Con. Big things planned for it.  Oz Comic is always a major event on our calendar and this year will be no different. We will once again be joining forces with Knightfall and Hoth Base to create a large Star Wars area. We're currently still in the planning stage with ReedPOP, so more details will follow…

Date: Saturday and Sunday, 1st and 2nd July 2017
Time: 9am to 6pm, both days.
Location: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre; 1 Convention Centre Pl, South Wharf VIC 3006

Event Type: Convention.
Point Trooper: Ben Clarke - 0448 542 400

Event Contact: Ashley Walker - ashleylaurenwalker@me.com / 0401 147 780
Number of People Attending: Thousands.

Is this a Multi Legion Troop? Yes - we will be partnering (and sharing space) with the Rebel Legion and 501st.
Change Room Provided? TBA - history tells us that we will.
Wranglers Required? Yes.

Additional details
 - Ticket price is $35; send payment via Paypal to ashleylaurenwalker@me.com
 - The 3 clubs will be participating in panels across the weekend, one panel being a joint effort featuring the local heads of all three clubs (Rick Chinn for Hoth Base, Mark Marcus for Knightfall and myself for Sandhawk Clan). The other panel is titled 'Meet the Mandalorian Mercs', the contents of which is largely up to us. Ideas for this panel would be appreciated.
 - Group photos are aimed to be scheduled on both days, possibly one for all three clubs and one for each club in isolation. Times and locations are TBA.
 - A tri-club dinner is being organised for the Saturday night. Venue is TBA.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:18 AM by Jaegun Clark » Logged

Jaegun Clark

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: [VIC Mission - 1/07/2017 to 2/07/2017] Oz Comic Con, Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 06:24 AM »
To ensure fair contributions by all members while at large-scale events, I will be enacting the "rule of thirds" for our convention appearances going forward, as follows:
 - Approximately one third of the day should be spent in kit, either at the booth or wandering the show floor.
 - Approximately one third of the day should be spent wrangling for members in kit. Wranglers should be caring for costumed members, offering assistance with photos and acting as first point of contact for members of the public with questions about our club.
 - Approximately one third of the day is reserved for the member's use as they see fit.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:27 AM by Jaegun Clark » Logged

Antaerys Ge'tal

• Cool story bro, needs more dragons
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:22 PM »
One ticket for me please. As always, I'll do the morning in kit.
We are warriors, born from the light, an army for freedom, defenders of life
Merc #1286
Armour WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=88762.0

Kar'ta Ne'tra

• Awards Special Weapons Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:43 AM »
I'm in for Saturday only.
Will wrangle first.
The Kiwi-Aussie Merc
Special Weapons Brigade
OM #1220

Rav Sta'is

• Sandhawks - Australia
  • Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 08:36 AM »
I will be there in kit for most of the time I suspect.  Lachlan will probably be there, and I might even see about getting audrey's merc happening by then, at least a version of.

April

Rav Sta'is

• Sandhawks - Australia
  • Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 08:38 AM »
I you need help with the panel I would happily be involved.  An armor making panel with the basics of mandalorian costumes 101 would be what I would aim for.  Also good to have an example of each genre if possible, but most of us are modern,  my rav is canon,.

Rav Sta'is

• Sandhawks - Australia
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2017, 08:44 PM »
Just posting to say payment sent for OZCC tickets x3 and OzCC Mixer x3

Do you have a list of everyone going or are we just going to rely on ashley sorting this out?

April

Jaegun Clark

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Just posting to say payment sent for OZCC tickets x3 and OzCC Mixer x3

Do you have a list of everyone going or are we just going to rely on ashley sorting this out?

April

All 3 groups are being organised by Ashley. I'm basically just liaising with him on this.

Jaegun Clark

« Reply #9 on: Jul 02, 2017, 07:55 AM »
Troop completed, report pending fundraising total.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!