Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

approve able vest?

• 5 Replies
approve able vest?
« on: Apr 28, 2017, 01:29 AM »
Ok so i tried, spent alot of money and made a vest but frankly i am sickened at myself and very ashamed at how it came out, i used the wrong fabric and when i was wearing it i couldnt move cause it wasnt very flexible and it wasnt breathable at all so i was wondering if one of these would be approve able to carry the plates, the one that has the zipper on the front and all the pockets and holsters i would remove all the stuff and cover over the zipper, but i just want to know my options for a vest i can buy rather then have made or something, and the only person i see online that sells one for the outfit is on a band sellers list so thats a non starter.    

for a free mandalor.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: approve able vest?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2017, 07:46 AM »
hello matey, if you go back to the main forum and scrawl down until you come to the supply depot, you will find a couple of vendors that sell bespoke vests in many different colours. hope this helps. ;)

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2017, 12:46 PM »
I'm sorry that your attempt was disheartening. It sucks to invest a lot of money and time in a part for it to not come out in a way that you like. I agree with Jet Drexel, there are a handful of people who sell vests in the Supply Depot.

I quickly looked for examples and already found two.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=131611.0
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=132868.0

Though I don't really see a problem with the vest that you found online. You'll need to add fabrics for the shoulder plates, get a separate neck seal, and be careful about attachment. But technically I think it'll work.

And if you ever want to take another stab at making a vest, I'd suggest asking your local clan mates on sewing advice. I was in a similar position that you were, where I didn't have a lot of sewing experience and was super disheartened by my first attempt. But I got a lot of good advice and help on my vest so that I could get approved. It might be something worth considering. Best of luck either way.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2017, 10:28 PM »
ah ok, when i searched vest in the search bar it didnt show up those 2 links, but i do like that cheaper on made out of cloth, the 2 vests i posted are less then 30 bucks each so one reason im looking that them.

for a free mandalor.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 04:55 AM »
We just had a AP and we had 2 people with like the top vest you showed, they weren't aware its harder to get approved. The velcro can't be visible at all, which means alot more work, my recomendation is goto a armour party and ask advice, the 30$ vest won't save you 60$ by the time you get it approved you may just have ended up making your own vest

Mavik

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 12:26 PM »
I agree with the above comments. It is possible to make those vests workable. However you will probably put way more time and money into them in the end. It is typically much easier to get a vest that is specifically made for mando armor.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!