Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lodan's Soft Parts WIP

• 9 Replies

Lodan

• Revenge is a dish best served with bacon
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Lodan's Soft Parts WIP
« on: May 03, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Hey everyone,

I thought I might add some pictures of what I came up with so far

Girth belt
Here's how a 4.50$ rug can turn out into a girth belt!

Ammo pouches
Material:
- Leather from a used leather jacket (~20$)
- Dollarstore 7x9in artist canvas (about 1.50$ for 2 sheets)
- Knife
- Hot glue

Once a box is assembled and glued, I glued leather all around it to "wrap" it.
I added a leather flap.

Metal pins added to add a litte "somethin'" to it.

Also made sure to add a little bit of "volume" to my flaps. The borders of the flaps were folded and glued.

Boots
I had these boots from a previous summer job back in university in the early 2000's
Already weathered :)

Vest
I had the vest tailored by someone who knew what she was doin lol
The 3 following pictures just show the preliminary look of the vest. And just consider my left side. For the record, I'm going sleeveless since my SWG armor will have the shoulder plates rest straight on my arms.
Check out my armor WIP for more pics:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=133985.0

The vest has a concealed zipper on the right side

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:27 PM by Lodhanau'ul » Logged
Lodan, your friendly Mountain Mando!
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan
OM: #1811  |  B.O.M.B. #079  |  Draluram #019
Soft parts WIP - Armor WIP - Weapons WIP

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Lodan's Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 08:59 PM »
These are awesome. I really like how thrifty you are - I would never see a girth belt in a rug.

Lodan

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:29 PM »

The only downside I experience so far for this rug is the durability...
I feel like somme stitches could easily loosen if I get the belt stuck on something pointy for instance.

but maybe I could reinforce the whole thing in some way. Perhaps a better quality rug would most likely help prevent early item wear.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 10:35 AM »
Very nice stuff, as far as the girth durability could you add some backing fabric to it with some adhesive. I am not sure your construction method for it, but that may help hold everything where you want it.

grantaire

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 11:00 AM »
If you're not totally committed to the pattern, you can always spray Plasti-Dip onto it so that it has a rubber coating.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 11:51 PM »
Very nice stuff, as far as the girth durability could you add some backing fabric to it with some adhesive. I am not sure your construction method for it, but that may help hold everything where you want it.

I was going to suggest that but it looks like mavik beat me to it! Lol

Anyway, you're off to a great start. Those boots have a very Rogue One feel to them, I like it!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Lodan

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 11:18 PM »
Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)

Also, you might wanna have a look at the pics I just added about my vest :)

I was going to suggest that but it looks like mavik beat me to it! Lol

Anyway, you're off to a great start. Those boots have a very Rogue One feel to them, I like it!
Thanks! About the boots, these are Royer. :)
I had to use them in an aluminium factory. And since I was working with molten aluminium, we had to have boots that could be removed real fast if we had a dropplet of aluminium inside.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

grantaire

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 11:50 PM »
It sounds horrifying to have molten aluminum in your boot...  But it's cool that you've got some awesome boots out of it!

I just noticed the edits on your first post! Your vest pattern looks really great. What material are you using for the vest? I don't recognize it immediately.

Lodan

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 12:46 AM »
It sounds horrifying to have molten aluminum in your boot...  But it's cool that you've got some awesome boots out of it!

I just noticed the edits on your first post! Your vest pattern looks really great. What material are you using for the vest? I don't recognize it immediately.

The material used in the pictures for the vest is some kind of rough cloth, cant seem to find the proper word for it... My seamstress (a professional designer) only used it to build a first draft of what would look liked the final product. The real vest (check my armor wip in my sig  ;) ) is made from linen.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

Beleck Kase

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 10:02 AM »
You have a very good start Lodhanau'ul, I realy like your boots.  Seriously, I never tough that a rug could be use for a girth belt, very creative.

Looking foward to troop with you Vod.

Keep up the good work.

Beleck

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!