Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question about Foam for a Jetpackbuild

• 7 Replies
Question about Foam for a Jetpackbuild
« on: Apr 22, 2016, 03:09 AM »
Is the Material Foam for a Jetpackbuild allowed? I mean for the whole Jetpack.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Re: Question about Foam for a Jetpackbuild
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2016, 02:32 AM »
if you cover it with like bondo etc. can't see why not. think the rule is that the armor pieces can't be seen as foam. but I'm not sure about that. that's why I'm following this post if you don't mind (A) Btw the pack looks good. 

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2016, 02:38 AM »
I will cover it to get a Hard Shell. The Main Reason i took Foam is the realy light weight. Still waiting for an answer from the App Team.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2016, 05:10 AM by Broxingar » Logged
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2016, 02:00 AM »
So this Jetpack will Not be finished. The App-Team told me that Foam is Not allowed As building Material.  :-[

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:28 AM »
So this Jetpack will Not be finished. The App-Team told me that Foam is Not allowed As building Material.  :-[

nooo :( to cant even think why foam isn't allowed as a base but yea rules are rules.

O and a little tip double posting on a tread isn't allowed :) just modify your last post with the thing that you want to say :)

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 11:47 PM »
i think that if you say covered it in fiberglass resin and some matting, then get some plaster and say make a casting maybe you could make a mold, but i dont know having it be covered in something other then foam and it not looking like its made from foam then i dont see why they would have a problem, i think the foam thing is cause of people making foam swords and foam armor plates

for a free mandalor.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Foam is disallowed, even when it's made very well (like this is) so that it doesn't encourage those who would see it and go 'yay, I can use foam' and then build it badly.

If you were to cover it in fiberglass, both mat and resin, it would then be a fiberglass jetpack that happens to have a foam lining.  Fiberglass jetpacks are allowed.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 11:38 AM »
Foam is disallowed, even when it's made very well (like this is) so that it doesn't encourage those who would see it and go 'yay, I can use foam' and then build it badly.

If you were to cover it in fiberglass, both mat and resin, it would then be a fiberglass jetpack that happens to have a foam lining.  Fiberglass jetpacks are allowed.
that makes scene

for a free mandalor.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!