Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Makris Brik's custom Neo Crusader build

• 22 Replies

Makris Brik

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Makris Brik's custom Neo Crusader build
« on: May 08, 2017, 10:32 AM »
(edited image links)
Hello Mercs. I haven't been in the forums for ages, I couldn't log in because I forgot my credentials. Anyway, I'm here now and just wanted to share my custom Neo Crusader heavy armor build.

Heavy armor reference

Here is the work in progress.

I still need to submit to get the kit official as a custom neo crusader.

My old official blue

Thank you.

Makris Brik

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 02:59 PM by Makris Brik » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Makris Brik's Cassus Fett build
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:45 PM »
First off welcome back to the boards!

You have done some really solid work so far :)  and  it is very cool to see someone working on a Neo-Crusader build.

Now diving into the build itself; If you want this to be a canon Cassus Fett build then there are number of changes you will need to make to better match the reference material for Cassus Fett.

You will need to use the following turnaround reference images from SWTOR- (there aren't enough good images of a single armor type from the comics)

Based on said reference images, you will need to make the following changes:

-The armor needs to be gold not yellow
-The flight suit needs to be a deep brown not black and it needs to be form fitting and ribbed
-There needs to be light brown visible lines in the flight suit to match the reference images
-Boots need to be brown leather
-Thigh, shin and gauntlet armor in the style of the reference images need to be used
-The cape needs to be brown not white
-The cape needs to be in a style to match the reference images.
-Backplate in the style of the reference images
-The raised circle on the left shoulder pad needs to be white

Another way you could go would be to complete this kit and apply with this kit as a custom Neo-Crusader kit, if you would rather not make the required changes.

Makris Brik

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Makris Brik's Custom Neo Crusader build
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 01:22 PM »
Thank you so much for the detailed feedback for a Cassus Fett  official app., Naran Bataar.

I thought that reference I have was Cassus Fett, when in fact its really a custom heavy armored Neo Crusader
from the Kotor game. Which is what I was really shooting for. I'm editing the title to fit this build.
Still, I may want to do a Cassus Fett someday?

Also curious, are there any official Neo Crusader? Here's my old official neo armor.

Makris Brik

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Makris Brik's custom Neo Crusader build
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 02:44 PM »
There are a couple of people that have started working on Neo-Crusader builds, I think in the club there are maybe five or fewer approved Neo-Crusaders

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 03:05 PM »
So great to see you back Makris! 8)

I think in the club there are maybe five or fewer approved Neo-Crusaders

Huh, really? I thought Makris was the only one we had officially.

Makris Brik

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 03:47 PM »
So great to see you back Makris! 8)

Huh, really? I thought Makris was the only one we had officially.
Great to see you, Seugtai!
That's sad if I'm the only official Neo Crusader. We've got to change that and have more interested in this era.

Makris Brik

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 03:49 PM »
There are a couple of people that have started working on Neo-Crusader builds, I think in the club there are maybe five or fewer approved Neo-Crusaders
Very cool!! But we've got to make it like hundreds.

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 04:53 PM »
Always loved your Blue Neo Makris, glad to see you back on the boards. Need to sit you down to talk Neo sometime.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 08:37 AM »

Very cool!! But we've got to make it like hundreds.

I don't think Late Crusaders have 100 kits in the club yet, Early Crusaders are pretty close from what I've seen.  Naran do you know how many of each of the other Eras we have?

Awesome kit, I was just talking to someone the other day that we need more Neo Crusaders and that I haven't seen who the five or less were yet.  Now I can point them towards your WIP.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 85
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 08:56 AM »
We don't really track the eras in terms of numbers.

There aren't anywhere close to 100 Early Crusaders kits in the club, there are MAYBE 15-20, there are more Crusader kits but not by much, my guess is somewhere in the 20-30 range

But my rough guess is the club is about 99% Modern, 0.011% Crusader, 0.009% Early Crusader and 0.001% Neo-Crusader

There is a fair amount of interest in the Neo-Crusader era and armor style, however the helmet/cowl is what stops most people from moving forward with a kit in this area. If you feel up to it Makris sharing your steps in regards to how you make your Neo-Crusader helmets I am sure a lot of people would find that very helpful :)

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 09:32 AM »

There aren't anywhere close to 100 Early Crusaders kits in the club, there are MAYBE 15-20, there are more Crusader kits but not by much, my guess is somewhere in the 20-30 range

But my rough guess is the club is about 99% Modern, 0.011% Crusader, 0.009% Early Crusader and 0.001% Neo-Crusader

Cool, learn something new every day.  :)

There is a fair amount of interest in the Neo-Crusader era and armor style, however the helmet/cowl is what stops most people from moving forward with a kit in this area. If you feel up to it Makris sharing your steps in regards to how you make your Neo-Crusader helmets I am sure a lot of people would find that very helpful :)

I'd bet it would be similar to a Snowtroopers cowl in some ways.  Ya, Makris that would be awesome if you could do that.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 85
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Makris Brik

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 10:28 AM »
Always loved your Blue Neo Makris, glad to see you back on the boards. Need to sit you down to talk Neo sometime.

Have a good one,
Hagen
Well hello, Hagen! Great seeing you here.

Cool, learn something new every day.  :)

I'd bet it would be similar to a Snowtroopers cowl in some ways.  Ya, Makris that would be awesome if you could do that.

I need to get back to what I was working on.
I experimented with many ways for the neo cowl. First I made a latex helmet with a solid face mask and I wasn't happy with the shape.
Then tried the sintra hard helmet which you see on my current blue. And I kinda made it like a silver back version of a neo helm with the more squarish top.
And went back to the soft latex sprayed cloth on my yellow build with sintra mask and plastic helmet shell underneath. Its okay but the cowl still looks too cloth like.

I really love this Neo Crusader style armor and I wanted to have several kits with varying colors. So going back to my old project, I want to finish my Neo helmet master, make a rigid mold and cast using latex. Its got to be thick to retain the shape.  I was going to cast the mask with resin but it might have problems adhering to the latex. I got to figure a way to how to effectively mount it.
Then painting the latex would be easy, just use an airbrush with adhesive paints like Createx or similar brand.
I'll let you know how it works out.

Makris Brik

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:58 AM by Makris Brik » Logged

Makris Brik

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 11:23 AM »
Here's my final update on the boot and fiberglass toe armor. I made one with battle damage and kept the other slightly prestine.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:29 AM by Makris Brik » Logged

Makris Brik

« Reply #13 on: Jun 19, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Here are progress of the Neo Crusader helmet.

Makris Brik

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Very very nice, not going to lie I hope that you will think about making those to sell to others  :D

Makris Brik

« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2017, 11:17 AM »

If there are people interested and the mold is good and castings are good, then yes I will offer the "Rally Master" helmet.

Makris Brik

Makris Brik

« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Trooping with Manda'galaar with the yellow neo crusader.

Vassk

• I will make it legal
  • Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2017, 02:33 PM »
It's probably the best neo helmet I've ever seen Vod! Great job  ;)

Makris Brik

« Reply #18 on: Jun 23, 2017, 05:15 PM »
It's probably the best neo helmet I've ever seen Vod! Great job  ;)
Thank you very much, Vaask.

Makris Brik

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2017, 12:43 PM »
Made a mold of the disc shoulder bell.

I used Gel-25 brush on mold and plaster bandage mother mold.

« Reply #20 on: Jul 20, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Ah, the pic links died since the last time I stalked this post!

Anyway, now that I'm fairly committed to building my own Neo Crusader, and comparing my ideas with what everyone's done, I have questions. How hot is your helmet? Can you breathe okay with those materials?

Makris Brik

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15, 2017, 09:45 AM »
Sorry about the broken links. I haven't been up to speed with photobucket's new third party policy. Here are newer photos.

Its quite alright, similar to your regular bucket. My old blue have a fan which helps a bit.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Dec 07, 2017, 07:48 AM »
Necro posting here, Really would love to see this thread updated, the references and builds for this era are few and far between, and with the Quality the club wants to retain I would love to see this up and going to guide builds. Appreciate all the hard work you have put into this from the sounds of it (photobucket sucks so I have only seen the helmet)

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!