Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

K'ei'lani's armor W.I.P

• 14 Replies
K'ei'lani's armor W.I.P
« on: May 13, 2017, 10:43 AM »
Hello everyone! I decided to finally make a W.I.P thread for my armor.  My chest plates are standard male plates modified to fit me. The shaping still needs a little work but they're getting there! What do you think?

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: K'ei'lani's armor W.I.P
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 11:03 AM »
It looks like you're off to great start so far!  The best way for us to give you good feedback would be for you to tape the plates on to your body and post up a picture.  That way we can help you with shaping/sizing advice :D

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 11:03 AM »
I'd suggest just printing out a collar on paper cutting it out. Then laying everything on your body so that we can check for the spacing on your armor. We don't want the plates to either be too small or spaced in a strange way especially after you've already formed and painted them.

That being said - I think the design of your plates is cool and unique. I can't wait to see how everything comes together.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 12:59 PM »
They look a little lopsided because the shaping is still being done but I think they're coming around. I hope the sizing is good. I just noticed I forgot to put on my collar plate.  :o

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 01:12 AM »
It's hard to tell without a collar plate, but it looks like everything might be sitting just a hair low. Can you re-do the pic with the collar so we can get a better idea to help you?
For spacing, start with the collar and work down. Too many ladies start with the chest plates and work around those, and it throws spacing off.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 12:06 PM »
I moved everything up a little bit. My ab plate ends about an inch above my belly button. The collar plate and one of the chest plates still need shaping.

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 02:24 PM »
It looks like the gap between the bottom of your collar and top of your chest pieces might be a bit too wide.  It's easy to solve though, you can extend the length of the collar by adding a layered piece underneath, or you can put layered pieces under the bottom of top of the chest pieces to extend their length.  You *could* move everything up a bit to close the gap, but you probably wouldn't want to since you say your ab already ends an inch above your belly button.

It looks you have a great start on shaping everything!

Instagram: @evaarla_kal
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 05:36 PM »
Does something like this look okay? or should the shape match the collar plate?

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 11:23 PM »
Hello! Nice progress so far!

For the second collar, I'd recommend a straighter bottom. I think it would follow the flow of the other places nicely :)

Can't wait to see more progress from you!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 12:06 PM »
Thank you! Does this look better?

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 06:56 PM »
That looks much better! Keep it up!

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 11:55 PM »
That looks nice!

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 11:58 PM »
Yeah I think that looks nice!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

JrMint82

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 12:21 PM »
That looks a lot better. Can't wait to see the rest of it come together!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 02:41 PM »
Belatedly, I would have suggested moving them all up, the navel is given as a rough guide (my plates end about 2 inches above it) to allow room for cod plate and girth/ammo belts. Adding in that extra collar slice will likely have actually shifted them all back downwards again which often leads to the girth sitting low on the hips above a tiny cod sliver.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!