Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

4 year old size Boba fett Jet pack

• 16 Replies

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
4 year old size Boba fett Jet pack
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:22 PM »
OK! I'm far enough into the Jet pack to post some pics...
To see his "Armor" go here...http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=13375.msg196888#msg196888
If you would like to see his "Blaster" go here...http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=13421.0
"Bucket"http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=13792.0

I've had so much fun building this!

Again taking the things around me and using them to my advantage...

Gluing some stuff...

Trimmed off tubes and capped off. Also capped tops with sculpted foam toppers...

Put this top thing in...

Then I put the Directional thrusters, stabilizing gyro & missile targeting range finder...

Using $ store foam foot balls...

Then I took a metal rod and filed it sharp and shoved it through the Missile so it would be sturdy.

And after all is said and done...
a Miniature Jet pack...

I'm going to give this a few coats of a caulking wash "just a mixture of water, elmers glue & silicone caulking" to fill in any gaps and give a strong shell.

=) Thomas.

« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2009, 03:17 PM by Solus Keer » Logged

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: 4 year old size Boba fett Jet pack
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Haha!  Very nice work!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:15 AM »
that's sweet! itll be nice and light weight too

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 08:21 AM »
You have one lucky kid!!  Pop bottles and cans are life-savers, take it from me. =)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Completed the Jet pack!

Hope you guys like it! I had the best time making this!

Now on to his Bucket... Then his Gauntlets... And somewhere in there I'm working on putting it on an outfit...

C1RCA

• name the target and it shall die
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 01:59 AM »
wow that's amazing dude , keep it up

Durkev Zandar

• TC/BH-7278
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Aw man that's awesome! I want a son now!

Captnrex

• Why is there 6 petals for 4 directions?!?!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 11:46 PM »
wow thats awsome, where is all the foam coming from??? lol

btw theres someone sniffing your arm pit be careful O.o

Solus Kyr

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 05:57 PM »
The Foam is coming from my Dad & Intel it is some sort of packing material he said when they get shipments in these are between the products he gets... so theres a grip of it just getting thrown away and now hes saving it for me.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 07:16 AM »
You have to sign this kid up for Mandalorian Mercs. Even though this is just a Halloween costume, you can sign him up, and in 14 years, you can see him walking in conventions worldwide

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Wow, that is very clever! I love what you did with it :D

Solus Kyr

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 12:55 PM »
I would like to sign him up as soon as hes done, as well as myself and the GF I'm working on it that's for sure...

Solus Kyr

« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Having a flash back....

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:00 AM »
excellent work, ner vod ;)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Pssst... cast these... I need one!

LOL

Solus Kyr

« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2010, 11:40 AM »
Pssst... cast these... I need one!

LOL

Ok... ;)

Xyon Koreen

• Nayc tok'kad, Nayc dinuir laam
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:35 PM »
Dude!  thats so cool.  i like how you made this jetpack...  you make it look so easy too.  I wonder if you can do that with foamboard too??? Hmmmm...

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2010, 11:40 PM by Xyon Koreen » Logged
MMCC #51
MiB #10
Cabur Akaata #58
Grey Brigade #23
B.O.M.B. #68
M.A.B.E.L. #61

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!