Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Thel Ihveen: The Fancy Photos

• 18 Replies

Thel Ihveen

• Stirring the concept pot.
Thel Ihveen: The Fancy Photos
« on: May 16, 2017, 11:41 PM »
After being OM for a bit, I figured it's about time to post my nice pictures! I'll be updating my build thread with upgrades I make, but all my invasion, event, and photoshoot shots will go here.

Here are some of my final app photos:

My first invasion! Free Comic Book Day 2017...

Credit: Chris Wetherell Photography

Credit: nerdcaliber.com

Hopefully I do another shoot soon! More photos as they're taken. :)

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Thel Ihveen: The Fancy Photos
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:11 AM »
These are great!  I love 'em. 

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Athorr Cadera

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Awesome shots of an awesome kit, well done!

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 10:04 AM »
Awesome!

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

CharExiaCosplay

• Char Vizsla
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 11:52 PM »
Amazing kit!

American by birth
Mandalorian by choice

Rohm Iy'Kadaysh

• A mando 4 life, but I Utinni.
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2017, 07:15 PM »
great work and great shots vod

Thel Ihveen

« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2017, 11:37 PM »
Thank you all for the compliments! :D I'm so glad you like it!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Pretty slick kit, Vod!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Your kit looks amazing! I love the colour scheme! <3

~Kaylin

Mirdala Kyr’am
Alor'ad- Vhetin'Ade Clan; June 2022- Present
Ruus'alor Solyc- Vhetin'Ade Clan; 2017- 2022
App Team Q&A
Ruus'sol for Western Region- USA
OM #1899

sxrojasb

• Death dodges the brave ones
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Great photos, congratulations

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2017, 02:34 PM »
I love the visor shape and the stripes!  Great work!

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #11 on: Jul 14, 2017, 03:58 PM »
Just beautiful.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Thel Ihveen

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Thank you all! :) I'm very excited to say that I have more pictures, courtesy of Green Mountain Squad's Ashley F. Here's the whole day's worth of pictures - I had a great time trooping with all these folks and they were wonderfully welcoming! I was the only Merc there, but they still had the announcer list "Mandalorian Mercs" as one of the clubs in attendance. Hopefully, by next year, we'll have a couple more mando'ad to represent. :)

Here are my favorite shots from the event. Not included is the lovely group shot where I managed to park myself directly behind a TK, and appear as a mere sliver of a helmet... :laugh:

Here's a proper group shot...

A wonderful photo of me showing off my new "knuckle tats" - I had no idea I was being photographed. :laugh:

Me 'n Chewie! (I look epic and brooding in this one, but I was actually just fascinated by the machine painting the lines on the field...)

Day 8: The canon/EU characters have still not realized I am not one of them... And neither have the children.

I can't remember which of the two was him (they all look the same in those white buckets :P ) but one of the stormtroopers who was in my group is working on his mando kit! :) I'm hoping I'll get to troop with him next year in beskar'gam.

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Jul 17, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Commenting so I can follow this! The knuckle tatts are sweet! Haha

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2017, 10:28 PM by Kurshi BeJahaal » Logged

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2017, 08:58 PM »
I have a shot of the Tra'cor and Rancor clans with Jeremy Bulloch, and I am barely visible behind him, so I know the feeling.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #15 on: Jul 25, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Your kit looks amazing. Is the yellow/green paint glow in the dark? If not, you should consider painting a few layers of glow in the dark paint over it. It makes it pop when you're under a black light or after bright lights. I have some on my kit since my stripes are green. It's cool to see.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Thel Ihveen

« Reply #16 on: Jul 25, 2017, 09:55 PM »
Your kit looks amazing. Is the yellow/green paint glow in the dark? If not, you should consider painting a few layers of glow in the dark paint over it. It makes it pop when you're under a black light or after bright lights. I have some on my kit since my stripes are green. It's cool to see.

Thank you! :) My green is in fact glow-in-the-dark! Awesome that we thought the same thing. I actually used UV-reactive acrylic paint for the base color and then a few layers of the glow paint... I've been meaning to do a full-kit photoshoot under blacklight but the opportunity has not yet presented itself.

Do you have pictures of what yours looks like lit up? I'd love to see it! :) You have a lot of green going on and I can't imagine how long it took to hand-paint...

Straka Zulu

« Reply #17 on: Jul 25, 2017, 09:58 PM »
I think this settles it... My MK. II is going to have black light reactive orange in it.

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #18 on: Jul 26, 2017, 09:18 AM »
I do not have any pictures of my kit glowing. I should. I'll try to do that one of these days.

And I used a can of glow in the dark spray paint. I would spray some of it on my kit or spray directly into a cup and paint it on. I don't like it very much, though, so I'll most likely get a brush-on version like you.

Straka - glowing orange sounds amazing! DO IT!

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!