Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Trying again, a late crusader build thread

• 3 Replies

steck

Trying again, a late crusader build thread
« on: May 17, 2017, 09:32 PM »
So my first attempt never really took off and I got bogged down with real life and stalled out. Now Im back. I spent today cutting out some cardstock templates to use as my armor between reading the KOTOR comics, I am going to post pictures here before I start tracing onto sintra later this week.

My general idea is a heavier armored build pulling mostly from the KOTOR comics and TOR using the Shae Vizla armor, this trooper from the TOR short films, and this mandalorian along with more art and ideas than I want to link in one post.

Here is me wearing my templates

The shoulder bell is going to curve more like in the linked trooper's shoulders, I also have squares cut out for elbows but the card stock doesnt bend very well. The chest plate I am going to bend over more on the sides after I cut it out, then I am planning on building up some layers of 3mm sintra into details like in the linked mandalorian. I need to build up some shinknee templates sometime, add some boot plates, and buy a bunch of soft parts. But its a start.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC# 1330&b ALUMINATI# 036 ORB# 033 MLCS# 26
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: Trying again, a late crusader build thread
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 03:03 PM »
So my first attempt never really took off and I got bogged down with real life and stalled out. Now Im back. I spent today cutting out some cardstock templates to use as my armor between reading the KOTOR comics, I am going to post pictures here before I start tracing onto sintra later this week.

Looking good, I see the references you pulled from KOTOR comics.  Just a few things to note you are required to have a cod piece and an ab plate.  Think 3D when shaping your plates, it will have dimension and depth feel to them.
Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.

Oyu'baat Clan

Mandalorian Armour WIP

OM Troops: 33

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook

#1330b Late Crusader WIP

steck

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 05:59 PM »
My rough plan for ab plates is segmented and fitting under the chest plate, sort of like the plate in the swtor mando pic just longer. I'm going to wait until after I get the chest plate shaped before I try mocking anything up. I know I need a cod plate, just having a hard time finding anything that jumps out to me from all the pictures I looked at, and that and the back plate seem like they'll be hard to mock up and shape so I'm putting them off until I have a bit more practice with sintra. And depending on the weather tomorrow I might get some plates cut and formed.

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:05 PM »
You can keep the codpiece, better basic just need to cover that area. Also keep in mind that a loincloth is always an option as well.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!