Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NEO crusader doubts

• 22 Replies
NEO crusader doubts
« on: May 19, 2017, 11:23 AM »
Hi, I would like to make a "neo-crusader" suit but I have some doubts that I hope someone can help me solve. The first one is about the color, I would like to make the "soft part" in dark blue and the armor in a "lighter blue".  The next doubt is about the helmet I would like to know if it is necessarilly that the helmet be a single piece or I can make it in two pieces the mask and helmet separately.

thanks for your help

hola, me gustaria hacer un traje de "neo crusader" pero tengo algunas dudas que espero me puedan ayudar a resolver.  Lo primero es sobre el color, me gustaria hacer la "soft part" de azul oscuro y la armadura azul mas claro.  Sobre el casco quisiera saber si necesariamente debe ser una sola pieza o puedo hacerla dividida la mascara y el casco por separado.

gracias por su ayuda

"The Republic thinks my people are dead, scattered. They are wrong. You should have destroyed us when you had the chance. As long as one Mandalorian lives, we will survive."

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC# 1330 & 1330b & TDE#388
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: NEO crusader doubts
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Hi, I would like to make a "neo-crusader" suit but I have some doubts that I hope someone can help me solve. The first one is about the color, I would like to make the "soft part" in dark blue and the armor in a "lighter blue".  The next doubt is about the helmet I would like to know if it is necessarilly that the helmet be a single piece or I can make it in two pieces the mask and helmet separately.

Hey Jorey, check out Makris Brik's kit HERE for Neo Crusader concepts.  Might help you a little bit with questions and then maybe a couple of PMs with him to help get you started.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
B.E.A.R.D.S #137
Mando Rider #038
ALUMINATI# 036
MLCS# 026
Mandalorian WIP
OM Troops: 45
Late Crusader 1330b

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 09:03 PM »
The plates and the flight suit need to be the same color as per the CRLs and little bit of different is going to happen just the nature of paint vs fabric. So one can be a bit lighter than the other but they the difference cannot be huge.

As for the helmet- the mask and the dome are required to be hard pieces and the cowl needs to be firm. The mask and helmet really more than likely need to be attached because you want a smooth dome to mask line.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:55 PM »
Tks for your advices now i have a good idea of what to do.

"The Republic thinks my people are dead, scattered. They are wrong. You should have destroyed us when you had the chance. As long as one Mandalorian lives, we will survive."
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2017, 12:40 PM »
hello since i post this message the first time i start doing the soft part and have some advances in my armor, i will be glad to have some advice about it so i can improve it

tks

this is my flight suite i make it in two parts because the crls said it have to be fitted in the one part suite it was imposible to be fitted.

this is the chest armor

this are the thighs armor

this is my back covering armor

this are my shoulder armor

in this week i will end the rest of my armor

« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2018, 10:34 AM by jorey79 » Logged

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Formerly 'KHORKHE'
  • Verd ori´shya beskar´gam
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2018, 11:21 PM »
Excellent work bro...

Regards,

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2018, 11:22 PM »
I agree this is starting to come together. Keep it up  :)

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2018, 04:39 PM »
during the weekend I made some progress in my armor I detail them below

next I show you the shin guards as you will notice the right plate includes knee brace while the left not this is to be according to the thighs later on may realize

here we see the left and right gauntlets, you can see that the right has an extension that covers the elbow

This is the plate that will cover the crotch

Here the gloves with the protective plate that in other uses serves to cover the brand of gloves hahahahahaha

and to conclude I leave an image of how the plates of the armor already put would look

in this week I hope to make the plate for the boots, as well as the belt and the pouches. I will also do the painting of the plates and the helmet I will leave for the last

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Formerly 'KHORKHE'
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2018, 07:27 PM »
What a good progress, bro...

Regards,

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:06 PM »
in the past week i start the painting of my armor, notice that the armor is blue just the same as my suite

during the weekend i will paint the rest of the armor and next week probably start the helmet

tks

Slade Kel

• Formerly 'Slade Kel (Marrok)'
  • Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Outstanding work my friend! My only suggestions are that you might need to add a small curve to the hand plates, cod plate and perhaps the chest plate depending on how they sit on your body. All together very good progress :)

QMU | M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Below I show you the progress of this week, the gauntlets, shoulders, thighs and the back plate were painted

gauntlets with a small color design

thighs and shoulders with a set of colors without losing the base color of the suit that is blue

backplate

for the next week I hope to advance the hand plates, crotch plate and the chest plate to proceed to do the test over the overall

regards

PD: Thanks slade for your advice i will take note of that

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Formerly 'KHORKHE'
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Hello Vod:

How incredible is your armor... I want to see it on the flight suit...

Regards,

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2018, 06:34 PM »
This is looking wonderful, vod. Keep up the excellent work.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 18
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59 PM »
hello to all continuing with my armor I show you the first advance of my helmet, it should be noted that it is a Pepakura helmet these days will proceed to harden it and thus begin to give the final touches.

I await your comments, thanks

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!