Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lodan's Weapons WIP

• 1 Replies

Lodan

• Revenge is a dish best served with bacon
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Lodan's Weapons WIP
« on: May 30, 2017, 02:29 PM »
Hello there :)

Here I will deposit a few pictures I took (or I will be taking) while working on my weapons.
For now, all of the weapons in this thread come from Helix's workshop
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105281.0
They either are 3D printed or cast.
Awesome products I'd recommend to anyone :)

Vibrodaggers

Here is an overview of what I had to work with from the beginning.

After the usual sanding and surfce cleaning, I applied a first coating of metallic silver paint with a "hammered on" look.
Then I protected almost all the knife with masking tape except for a specific zone (in black). I applied another metallic paint. Some, kind of "oily bronze" type of paint.
And in the little round holes, I inserted some crystal resin tainted with stained glass plaint. I wanted a pearl finish for the insert.

And then I weaved my handles with leather cords. (I'll supply the youtube tutorial link as soon as I can find it back :) )

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:12 PM by Lodhanau'ul » Logged
Lodan, your friendly Mountain Mando!
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan
OM: #1811  |  B.O.M.B. #079  |  Draluram #019
Soft parts WIP - Armor WIP - Weapons WIP
Re: Lodan's Weapons WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:22 AM »
Nice job wrapping the handles. Looks great.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!