Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mix's ESB Boba Build

• 95 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Mix's ESB Boba Build
« Reply #75 on: Feb 01, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Pins for attachment, thats a new one on me, nice

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #76 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:53 AM »
Made some more progress before starting the paint process on the chest plates.

Tested my attachment method with the clutch back pins so the placement isn't perfect.  I really like this attachment method. Super secure, really cheap, and no sewing of velcro!  I popped all of my plates off after this pic and primed everything.  Pics of that coming soon.   

Also got my collar stud holes drilled for attaching the collar to the back plate. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #77 on: Feb 20, 2018, 10:40 PM »
Little bit of progress to report...

Painting commences on the chest plates.  Back plate is done in gray as well.  I'm going to come up with my green mixes, mask off appropriately, and add the silver topically. 
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=bookmarks

A wild harness has appeared!  This is one of Big Dane's kits. 

Yet another jetpack! 

Test fit!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Mi'ix

« Reply #78 on: Mar 06, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Had the airbrush out tonight and got some things done. 

Orangeish shoulder with the yellow one.

Start of the Mythosaur Skull sigil.  I'm going to let the white sit overnight before I stencil over it.  Then topical damage, and a little more airbrushing.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #79 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:14 PM »
Nice work vod, eager to see the finished mythosaur sigil

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #80 on: Mar 13, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Progress is looking great!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mi'ix

« Reply #81 on: Sep 05, 2018, 04:53 PM »
It has been a minute and I apologize for letting this one go.

Last I posted, I was working on my shoulders judging by the pictures.

I used one of Fett4Real's stencils for the mythosaur and later the chest sigil, which worked out great...eventually!

The paint I used for the first pass was Tamiya's dull red from the rattle can.  It bled under the stencil so I had to sand it off and try again.

This time it worked!  I used my airbrush with some insignia red dulled with black.  I think it turned out really nice!

Some topical paint adding the silver marks.  The same was done to the other shoulder too, but I didn't get pictures of that. 

And then some airbrushing!  There's two long physical scratches on the yellow shoulder that I added after the fact with some sharp tweezers.  I don't think I have that picture, but I can dig around. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #82 on: Sep 05, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Mmmmmmmm another jetpack (beautiful) and your bucket ....your attention to detail is in a class of it's own.... absolutely stunning work.  :8): :8): :8):

Mi'ix

« Reply #83 on: Sep 12, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Next we move onto shin tools.

Here is where we start with some "found parts", but not really since the Patterson Squeegees produced today aren't exactly like the one used in the film. 

Cut the bottom off the squeegee to get the "slicer" with the reproduction Michell Stylus from Machine Craft replicas for the remainder of the shin tool.  This was just a sizing check to make sure everything sits right.   

This is what I was going for as far as placement.

Voila!  A little paint and some electrical tape and we're all set!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Ko'rizna Falco

• Weapons are a part of my religion
« Reply #84 on: Sep 19, 2018, 12:20 PM »
I am stunned, I'm over here working hard on a custom Mando and decided to flip over to the canon section. This work is absolutely incredible! Can't wait to see it finished.

« Reply #85 on: Sep 20, 2018, 03:27 AM »
Nice work mate, Very nice indeed.

Mi'ix

« Reply #86 on: Oct 12, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Thanks guys!

Went ahead and moved a long to armor painting.

I had a previous picture where I had the green painted on the diamond and the yellow on the ab and left chest plate.  I went ahead trying to find a good mixture for the green color. 

Started with a base mixture of Euro Dark Green and Medium green from model master and added some light blue and later some black as I needed to tint stuff since ESB has a variety of different greens on the armor. 

First few tries were very...green...

I eventually wound up with this...

...but I wasn't very happy with the green on some of the plates so I sanded it all down and reworked the green mixture from the ground up. 

I changed my yellow mixture and added a touch of red to it so that it wouldn't be so blinding. 

New Green!

With the other colors now...

With the helmet to check the contrast...

annnnnd with the final airbrush details.   :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #87 on: Oct 16, 2018, 07:56 AM »
I think I have a very slight bit of colour blindness, but those plates look good. I like how it turned out in the final pic, and cool stand you have for the torso armour

Mi'ix

« Reply #88 on: Oct 16, 2018, 10:14 AM »
I think I have a very slight bit of colour blindness

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think after all this, I have a bit of color blindness now.

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019, 09:43 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Mi'ix

« Reply #89 on: Jan 09, 2019, 05:00 PM »
And some more fun parts update...

Cod plate...

Layered paint method here, unlike my chest plates which are mainly topical.  Wasted Fett pulls his plates from HIPS which pulls nicer, but is a little bit more delicate than  your standard ABS.  After some troops, this one has already started to crack.  With a little TLC and some strategic fiberglass reinforcing, this should be right as rain again. 

Gauntlets with some test fitting pics.  I have the control for my rangefinder servo mounted inside the right gauntlet connected to one of the push switches so I can control my rangefinder that way.

I still need to find the ever ready mini light that goes inside of this gauntlet, but just add that one to the never ending list of found parts.  When I get a minute, I'll install another little light that will do for now.

Ended up popping off that little resin nub and installed the black cable inside of the webbed hose like it was see on screen.

I have plans to upgrade to a metal rocket here shortly once Machine Craft Replicas gets another shipment of rockets in.

Pulce 40 Sidearm. 

Super clean cast from a gentleman that Fettastic on TDH recommended.  I wasn't happy with the one I got from Stormrider.  The pull was really rough and warped just from laying around.  I can fix it, but that one will likely wind up on my Protector.

I used Krylon's Rust Tough Enamel Primer in Red Brown to get what I thought was pretty close to the right color on the sidearm. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #90 on: Jan 09, 2019, 06:29 PM »
Awesome work vod, some real nice pieces there

Mi'ix

« Reply #91 on: Apr 18, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Sorry guys, thought I finished this one out.

So, my soft parts are from Arkady over on the Dented Helmet.  One great thing about her is that your flightsuit comes pre-dyed, which is great when you're an ESB guy trying to get that tricky gray-blue.  I ended up re-dyeing the suit just to get it a little darker color. 

Before on the right.  After is on the left.

Went a little heavy on the weathering the first time around so I toned it down when I re-weathered the suit. 

Another shot here in different lighting.  Really liking the dissonance with the vest and the suit colors now that the color has been adjusted. 

Final shots of the blasters.

Don't worry.  We'll get to the fun stuff soon enough!

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019, 04:40 PM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #92 on: Apr 19, 2019, 01:40 AM »
 :boba: Ballin like a gangsta lol

Looks great!

Mi'ix

« Reply #93 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:50 AM »
In case anyone was wondering how this turned out!   :)

Probably the best couples costume around.  Change my mind!  :laugh:

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #94 on: Oct 17, 2019, 06:58 AM »
 :porg2: :porg2: Looking great!

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #95 on: Oct 27, 2019, 10:44 PM »
Looks fantastic!

- “Be not afraid of any man that walks beneath the skies. Though big he be or small you be, for I will equalize”.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!