Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armour build

• 2 Replies
First Armour build
« on: Jun 10, 2017, 07:17 AM »
As the title says its my first mando build and here are my first pictures of my flak vest, the first one is full length but the second one I have folded it as I am unsure as to whether I should shorten it or not

First armour templates cut out

Re: First Armour build
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2017, 03:39 PM »
Sorry for the long delay, I have been focusing on my collage work,
here are a few images of me wearing the vest with templates for sizing

also is it normal for the arm movement to be limited from moving upwards by the collar armour piece?

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: First Armour build
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2017, 06:33 PM »
So it looks like your flak vest isn't fitting right. You should probably add darts or adjust the pattern that you're using for your vest so that it fits you better. The flak vest should end somewhere around your belly button (Jango's vest ends after his belly button and Boba's vest ends before his belly button).

Your armor templates are definitely too large. Your collar plate should not be constricting you from moving your arms upwards. The armor should end before the vest ends (above the belly button) and your collar plate should be shifted higher, closer to where your neck ends.

Good luck!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!