Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naran Bataar's Jaster Mereel W.I.P

• 8 Replies

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
Naran Bataar's Jaster Mereel W.I.P
« on: Jun 10, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Hello all,

So I have been toying with the idea of doing a "canon" (well in this case legends) build for ages now. I thought about doing a Deathwatch Grunt, Clan Wren Grunt and even one of the Mandalores. But I never really connected with any of those builds. In my wanderings in search of a character build that I might want to undertake. I came across the True Mandalorians again and my first thought was that I could go that route as the True Mandalorian CRL/BRLs strike a nice middle ground between canon and custom, still offering the challenge that I was looking forward yet without being uttering locked in.

However when the idea of doing a Jaster Mereel build instead was put forward and after doing some brushing up on the character I decided that I could really get behind this character and so I have set to work.

This will be an undertaking for me, but I think being that this will be the sixth kit I will have build, (three for myself and two for my wife) that it is time to push things to a new level.

And now for the checklist!

Helmet:
Helmet- Waiting for ear caps and rangefinder to arrive

Armor:
Chest- Templated
Ab- Templated
Collar- Templated
Gauntlets- Underway
Cod- Templated
Thigh- Templated
Knee- Templated
Shin- Templated

Weapons:
Sidearms-Ordered
Rifle-TBA

Soft Goods-
Flight suit-Ordered
Armor Vest- Done
Gloves-Ordered
Boots- Done
Under Belt-Done
Overbelt-Done
Pouches-Done
Left Holster-Done
Right Holster-Underway

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have some fun process pictures, to share with folks as I plan on getting the plates made this evening.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Naran Bataar's Jaster Mereel W.I.P
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Watching with interest.  :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2017, 01:57 PM »
I toyed with this last year as well. Glad to see someone step up for this build.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Build update...

All major work is done on the bucket, still need to go back in and clean things up close up the gaps and what not. That will be a project for this evening. My plan is to get it to the ready to paint stage by Tuesday

Same goes for the gauntlets, flamethrowers have been built and attached as have the top "scopes".

Also the belt is all done, going to start work on the plates now.

And now for Pictures!

Also for anyone that might one day undertake this build recessing the ear caps is a tricky undertaking  :laugh:

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2017, 08:29 PM by Naran Baatar » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2017, 08:47 AM »
Building update.

Plates have been shaped, all sculpting work is done  :D and the cape is in the weathering pot  :laugh:

The plan is to start painting very soon!

Also pictures.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Following this awesome WIP.   :)

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Kit#1 Karl Dha'Werda WIP - Nov 2015
Kit#2 'Late' Crusader WIP - Dec 2016
Kit#3 PI Survivor WIP - ETA May/June 2024
Oyu'baat - OM Troops: 88
mandalorianarmour.org

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2017, 11:59 PM »
Painting is now underway, still have a bit to go painting wise. Mainly detail work adding sigils and what not.

But the base metal and weather is done.

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2017, 09:52 PM »
All painting is done, just need to add the knee darts, put in the visor and then it is off to plate attachment!

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2017, 05:59 AM »
All painting is done, just need to add the knee darts, put in the visor and then it is off to plate attachment!

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!