Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scout Blaster Rifle

• 3 Replies

Rizzo

• Leather armor?!
Scout Blaster Rifle
« on: Jun 18, 2017, 07:03 PM »
You see it all the time, big brawny sniper rifles with long barrels and huge scopes. I want to do something a little different.
For this build I'm going to be intentionally trying to minimize size and visible 'weight' to mimic something of a Scout Rifle.
Here's what I have so far:

I have no hard plans for it, so far I'm just playing around with loose appliance parts in my shop.

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2017, 08:09 PM by Rizzo » Logged

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Scout Blaster Rifle
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Looks good, so far. Any plans on how to hide the bolt and charging handle?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Rizzo

• Leather armor?!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2017, 10:37 PM »

I was thinking of having some vented pieces cover it, as if to covey a coolant release vent like in the new battlefront games.

Also, this was previously a defective airsoft gun. I know some cons cringe at that but I think I have con-safed it well.
The guts are completely gone, all mechanical and firing components are removed. I left the trigger and safety in place and movable so I can wire in a button for future electronics.

I also have light blue electroluminescent wire and inverters on order. I want light and sound too, I'm looking for a cheap system to install.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2017, 10:43 PM »
That's a pretty sound plan. Looking forward to seeing this come to life.  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!