Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Possible vest pattern

• 12 Replies

Spork

• Nayc jorbe vaii gar, slanar ogir gar cuyir.
Possible vest pattern
« on: Jul 05, 2017, 09:14 PM »
I saw this, and after I had my Firefly squee moment, I thought, Gee, this would be a great vest pattern:

edit: fixing broken hosting

r

Rogue One Firefly pattern vest
by grafikat, on Flickr

« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2019, 10:19 AM by Spork » Logged
Bayr Gurhr-Hoshap

Current build thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=180690

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
Re: Possible vest pattern
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2017, 03:07 AM »
That would be a great vest pattern!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2017, 01:06 PM »
Son of a B%%!!!

*sighs*

Looks like a day trip to the US is in order. We can't get Simplicity patterns here in Canada anymore.

~Kaylin

Aria

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2017, 02:44 AM »
Son of a B%%!!!

*sighs*

Looks like a day trip to the US is in order. We can't get Simplicity patterns here in Canada anymore.

~Kaylin
What?! What madness is that?!?

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:31 PM »
What?! What madness is that?!?

I know, right? At least I know for sure we can't get them in Winnipeg where I am. the chain store that usually carried them couldn't abide by the price increase they did a few years ago, and stopped carrying the brand. That's about the only fabric store in the city that carried patterns of any sort, the rest are all just fabric and notions.

Online it says they still ship to Canada, but friends of mine in the city were saying that apparently that's not the case? Maybe I should actually try and order this pattern.... though really, I do enjoy a trip to JoAnne's Fabrics. :)

~Kaylin

Aria

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2017, 01:54 AM »
That's crazy! I hope you can get your hands on it though - it's such a great start for a vest.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2017, 09:30 PM »
That is a beautiful vest pattern. totally wish I had thought of this before making mine today XD

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two levels 'Up-close-and-personal" and 'Hello-your dead' -Sev (legends)

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2017, 11:28 PM »
If you've got a buddy or two in the US, they could probably pick it up or have it shipped to them, then send it on to you.

Just sayin'....  8)

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Tekla

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Ooh, do it! I based my vest for my kit from Zoe's vest and it turned out well.

OM # 1846                              
Brigade Member # 261

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2017, 10:55 AM »
When this comes out, I'm going to give it a try :) very excited about it!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Custom Armor WIP - Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
Bounty hunting is a complicated profession...
« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Would this pattern work as is with the thin strapping around the sides? or would it need to be solid?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Aug 16, 2017, 07:43 AM »
Would this pattern work as is with the thin strapping around the sides? or would it need to be solid?

Providing you are not wearing a 2 part flightsuit wherein the top half has different colours on the main body that need hiding, and that the plates do not overhang the sides, then you can have open sided vests.

They are quite useful since some womens bust sizes change over a month and being able to just tighten or loosen the sides really helps keep things comfortable.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2017, 11:48 AM »
I agree with Kris - I have an open sided vest and it's very comfortable and probably cooler than the vests that close completely at the sides (this is just an educated guess lol).

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Custom Armor WIP - Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
Bounty hunting is a complicated profession...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!