Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Leather Gauntlets/ Bracers

• 1 Replies

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Question - Leather Gauntlets/ Bracers
« on: Jul 06, 2017, 04:14 PM »
I have a question about:

I am looking to be able to offer leather gauntlets/ bracers or whatever you want to call them to my store Scorched earth Creations in the Mandalorian Supply Depot.

Per the CRLs, Gauntlet Section
"-Materials such as vinyl, pleather, and thin leather or suede will NOT be acceptable as a use for forearm covering. They can be used as a method of mounting half bracers but are not permissible alone.

-Ren Fair/Larp/Reenactment bracers and unmodified-Leather bracers are no longer acceptable."

My product is only made of real leather that is thick. It is NOT of a renn-fair looking variety. It could literally be used to protect yourself in combat against blades. The SCA uses the stuff for armor and they fight with real weapons. Depending on the sale, i will be adding either Steel or Kydex to the leather to look like armor plates. NOT RENN-FAIRE looking though.

The regulation on this is slightly confusing with its definition, on one hand it says no. On the other it sounds like it is only saying that only thin leather/ pleather is not permitted, which mine are not either.

A further explanation in detail and justification would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Thank you!

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Light Melee)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Creations Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Question - Leather Gauntlets/ Bracers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2017, 06:16 PM »
So leather bracers without some amount of half plating aren't really approvable outside of the Early Crusader Era.

What the modern CRLs do allow for us if people want to mount plates to a leather backing. Now gauntlets like that get looked at very closely. But they can/have been approved.

At the end of the day leather in place of hard plates is always going to get looked at very closely and really the best place to use leather for something like a gauntlet will always been within the Early Crusader Era.

So what I would suggest would be working up a prototype and submitting it via the item approvable forum. That way you will know that the product is approvable and for what Era it can be used

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!