Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Adding hoses to a helmet- against CRL?

• 5 Replies
Adding hoses to a helmet- against CRL?
« on: Jul 11, 2017, 09:43 AM »
Asked this on the UK clan page but thought I'd try for answers on here aswell.

What's the rule around adding things to a modern Mando bucket? I'm thinking of two TIE pilot (only thinner) style hoses running from the cheek area round to a pair of canisters on the back but don't know if this is allowed as I can't see anything in the requirements either for or against.

The canisters will be of a similar design to the Tusken Raider rebreather that goes around the neck, only mounted on the back of the helmet as part of a desert concept.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Adding hoses to a helmet- against CRL?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2017, 09:52 AM »
They're not only in keeping with the CRLs, they're REQUIRED for some brigades.  See below for example.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:32 AM »
See, I'd seen the requirements for pilot but nothing for a "regular" mando so didn't know if it was pilots only.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2017, 10:17 AM »
You're in the clear, and it's not a bad idea. :)

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2017, 09:18 PM »
Hoses are permitted for any era, any bucket. I like the idea actually, so I may have to steal some inspiration from you.
Not sure exactly what I'm making from my kit anyhow, so I reckon if I ever wanted a pilot conversion that would help me tons

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Yep hoses are good accessories.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!