Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scully Helmet WIP

• 71 Replies
Re: Scully Helmet WIP
« Reply #60 on: Jan 31, 2018, 03:01 PM »
I dropped my helmet at my first con in gear. Star wars celebration. As soon as it hit the floor i saw three fully grown men almost cry. See, the thing is that it was sitting on top of my head as i was standing there talking to someone and forgot about it as i looked up. The sound it made when it hit made my heart drop and i was scared to turn around and look at it. All that's wrong with it is that there's a big chip out of the dome where it landed. I've never seen so many strangers show concern for my mental well being as in that very moment.

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018, 01:43 PM by Nahtain Kaar » Logged
Sur'haai par sur'haai, Tal par tal, Skira Kelir cuyir Pal'vut
-EYE FOR AN EYE, BLOOD FOR BLOOD, REVENGE WILL BE MINE-NAHTA'IN KA'AR
« Reply #61 on: Jan 31, 2018, 03:03 PM »
Shared traumatic experiences bring us together. My condolences for your helmet.

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
« Reply #62 on: Jan 31, 2018, 03:08 PM »
*A moment of silence for the dropped buy'ce around the world*  :'(

Armor and Soft Parts:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=188979.msg2114745#msg2114745

Helmet WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=138672.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora
« Reply #63 on: Jan 31, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Pouring out some blue milk for my homies.

« Reply #64 on: Jan 31, 2018, 03:50 PM »
Like i said, the helmet is fine. I'm gifting it to my girlfriend as the first peice of her armor since she wants to get into this as well with me. A smidge of bondo and it'll be good as new. Droodles' helmets can definitely take a beating. It took over a six foot drop and landed square on the dome and only chippedthe top layer. No cracks or anything si i'd say i got VERY lucky and that its a great bucket.

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018, 01:46 PM by Nahtain Kaar » Logged
« Reply #65 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Not bad! My first major upgrade (after finishing it) is going to be a new helmet. I love how cheap Rubies is, but the downside is that it's also very cheap.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #66 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Glad to hear you're making repairs vod. Nahtain, I strongly recommend modifying your posts. Tech Team doesn't like messages in all caps.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #67 on: Feb 02, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Oh all Caps only signifies yelling and doing it too much will make your caps lock button fall off.

QMU#084
« Reply #68 on: Feb 06, 2018, 01:37 PM »
Yeah sorry about that. i work with autocad and have to keep caps lock on while at work and i just forget to turn the shabla thing off.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:55 PM »
Sounds like a very angry and misunderstood work environment vod!  :P

« Reply #70 on: Feb 07, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Didn't mean to side track the thread my apologies lol. Also michaeljscully if you are still interseted in the aluminum rangefinders from droodles i think he was prepping for a new batch of them either today or sometime soon have you talked to him about them yet?

« Reply #71 on: Feb 07, 2018, 03:40 PM »
No worries, it happens! I think right now I'm just going to work with component that I already have, until sometime after my tax returns get in.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!