Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ta'Quirrh Dar'tome

• 14 Replies

EricaHawvermale

• Family is More than Blood
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
Ta'Quirrh Dar'tome
« on: Jul 27, 2017, 02:26 AM »
I'm going to make a nightsister mando.  I'm going to add a light bow eventually, but I'll start with one of their kukris.  Here goes nothing.

Bucket pictures!  Priming, silver, red with damage, and finally fully painted :)

Trying to decide whether to go with the black or silver visor

Vest and loin cloth, first trial :)

Trying to get the armor patterns right.  Tried the traditional pattern first

Ended up going with a different pattern.  Here's the armor fitting and attaching "fun"

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2017, 08:55 PM by EricaHawvermale » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Ta'Quirrh Dar'tome
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2017, 03:37 AM »
Its looking like your're using facebook as photo storage, They are very tricky to link to as all your links are broken.

Most use Imgur these days , here is how it works from the forum guide:

Comprehensive forum guide: Posting pictures

Also you may want to condensing all your posts into one using the modify button as its considered double posting and thats against the Forum Rules

Hope these links help you and look forward to seeing the pictures you are wanting to do, as they really help us visualize what your aiming to do and then we can help you more ;)

PS: Took a while, but managed to piece together your broken links, hopefully people will be able to see what your doing and assist where they can  ;D

Quote from: EricaHawvermale

I'm going to make a nightsister mando.  I'm going to add a light bow eventually, but I'll start with one of their kukris.  Here goes nothing.

Bucket pictures!  Priming, silver, red with damage, and finally fully painted :)

Trying to decide whether to go with the black or silver visor

Vest and loin cloth, first trial :)

Trying to get the armor patterns right.  Tried the traditional pattern first

Ended up going with a different pattern.  Here's the armor fitting and attaching "fun"

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2017, 07:54 AM »
i would run your full idea by the app team to get some guidance on how much nightsister you can get away with before your kit is deemed a crossover. c.r.l.'s say no sith or jedi mando i would think the night sisters would be considered a sith-ish-force user cult and therefore fall in the same territory... i may be completely wrong but it's always better to find out before you do a shedload of beautiful work only to get dinged by the app team. ;)

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2017, 02:46 PM »
In regards to the photo linking I just wanted to add that linking from Facebook will eventually lead to broken images again when they move them around in the background. Its why sites like Imgur exist :)

I would also advise having the App Team check that your concept is still considered "inspired by" and not full cross over out of Mando influence.

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2017, 11:19 PM »
As long as you don't go any more towards the nightsister then your current design, you should be fine. Both the kukri and the lightbow are approveable, though the lightbow will likely be closely critiqued for quality (don't get me wrong..i would love to see you pull it off).

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

EricaHawvermale

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2017, 01:21 AM »
My Ruus'alors have been working really closely with me on this one.  I'm not even planning on doing the facepaint for a while.  It's going to just be human for a while yet, until I can figure out how to get the lightbow to light.  We took app pics today and I have to say, it turned out EXACTLY like the sketch :)  But cooler, because it's real now.

Jaryn Solus

• Sometimes it's better to think rather than speak
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2017, 03:06 AM »
EL wire (while not as bright as LED) would give you a reasonably tough and lit string for the bow, might be worth looking into :)

Owner of Cabiris Workshop - Custom and Bespoke 3D printed accessories
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=155271.0

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2017, 03:10 AM »
EL wire (while not as bright as LED) would give you a reasonably tough and lit string for the bow, might be worth looking into :)

Someone in my clan has done exactly this as they made one of the Nightsister Energy bows. I cannot find any photos though to share currently as they are all Photobucket broken links :(

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

EricaHawvermale

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2017, 01:10 PM »
This is bad of me.  I got my kit approved about a month ago and haven't gotten around to posting pictures here.  Officially DONE!  Well, minus the light bow.  *sigh*  One day.... One day I will figure out how to do electrical work. 

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2017, 04:18 PM »
congratulations on your killstripes.

Boxception

• Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2017, 10:01 PM »
Congrats vod. Looks great

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW       Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
MY WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=135464.msg1752482#msg1752482

Kyp

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2017, 04:46 PM »
Awesome kit Vod! I just was scrolling through for inspiration and noticed you were working on a lightbow.

If you have a high powered led, I would consider checking out Saberforge's "lightwhip" blade attachment. I'll post a link for you! I don't know if it would work or if you could shorten it but I thought you'd like to see it as an option anyway.

Great kit! Here's the link for you
https://saberforge.com/collections/blades/products/lightwhip

EricaHawvermale

« Reply #12 on: Sep 04, 2017, 11:16 AM »
If you have a high powered led, I would consider checking out Saberforge's "lightwhip" blade attachment. I'll post a link for you! I don't know if it would work or if you could shorten it but I thought you'd like to see it as an option anyway.

Great kit! Here's the link for you
https://saberforge.com/collections/blades/products/lightwhip

Thank you!  I'll look into that!!!

« Reply #13 on: Sep 04, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Congrats on the Kill Stripes!   8)

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #14 on: Sep 04, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Congrats on the Kill Stripes!   8)

Yep, well deserved  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!