Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nerf SharpFire mods?

• 26 Replies

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Nerf SharpFire mods?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2018, 03:43 PM »
Yeah...Nerf mods in general are tough, no matter how small the blaster is.  Everyone has had some great advice, including some that I see that you haven't taken yet.  Not to be the bearer of bad news...but from my time on the app team, I can guarantee you that a blaster with those Nerf triangles on it, will not pass.  You've done a stellar job so far, but those will have to go, along with the grooves in the grip area.  Keep up the good work, you're almost there!!  :)

« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Thanks for the diagram!

It's definitely not done yet--I started practicing weathering on it while I wait on the Sintra to come. I have greeblies on the other side, but I forgot to get pictures.

« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Forgot to post the other side and the front:

Any criticism is appreciated!

« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2018, 08:39 AM »
Got the sintra plates out in the sides! Now I just have to grind off the little triangles on the right side, and fill in the vents on the handle before I can do some more greeblies.

Anansi

• Ratiin de gar be'eso, ner vod.
« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Definitely moving in the right direction.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Juts te'Shev'la

• For Bakura
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 05:42 PM »
I've got 2 off these blasters myself and have been working heavily with belt sander and dremel but plan on using my wood burner. I need to get an account other than photo bucket to load pics..... I'm still a long ways away but am loving your process.

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Can't wait to see yours, sgtbutt!

Thanks for reminding me about this thread—i have updates!

Grinded off all the triangles, filled in the handle, and repainted in silver. I'm going over it with black, and some gold to match my armor.

Kumo

• Sh'ehn Taab #2126
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 10:12 AM »
I have a DL-18 made with a Sharpfire, here: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=151657.0 Maybe it gives you some ideas.

Ore wa Kumo da!

knsweb.net
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Very nice! I love how that turned out.

faol

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Love how yours is shaping up and really like how Kumo's turned out  :like: :like: for both

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."-- Sun Tzu
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Thanks! Getting ready for a troop this Saturday, so I'll definitely have more pictures up soon.

:mcq1:

Kumo

• Sh'ehn Taab #2126
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 08:53 AM »
Love how yours is shaping up and really like how Kumo's turned out  :like: :like: for both

Thanks, vod

Ore wa Kumo da!

knsweb.net

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!